+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

The honey badger

I really hope we get this kid, I'm convinced that he is the sleeper pick this year. Potential defensive rookie of the year material. If it was up to me, I'd take him at 19 or trade up for him in the second. Guy has a nose for the ball, amazing instincts, fluid motion on his back pedal and turning his hips to run with the receiver. Hes nasty at stripping the ball. If he is still there in the second at 19 which I highly doubt, they better snatch him up. In the second he would def be worth trading up for. the niners and pats are already drooling over the kid. I would be so happy if he ended up a giant. Whose with me?

All-Pro
    nothing wrong with another Honey Badger thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I know, right lol

People need to stop watching his highlights and start watching his game tapes like slip has said. He is a ball hawk that can't cover worth a lick and has baggage issues.

As a late 3rd or 4th pick, maybe I take a chance but not a second sooner. Enough with these threads already

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    nope nothing,,,,considering the endless and pointless victor cruz threads on the daily.

thought he was a 3rd rounder? Absolutely feel he is one of the better and exciting defensive prospects to come out of college football, if it weren''t for his personal issues off the field, he was a heisman candidate and guy is awesome returning kicks, he;s the total package..good things come in small packages, for those critiquing his size.

Yeah man, him jayron and prince? We could have something special with that tandem

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    Yeah man, him jayron and prince? We could have something special with that tandem
    Yeah, the All-Time Midget Secondary

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Yeah, the All-Time Midget Secondary
    Yah because its all about the size of your corners. Some of my faves:

Darrelle Revis 5' 11''
    Champ Bailey 6' 0"
    Ronnie Lott 6' 0"
    Rod Woodson 6' 0"

With heights like this they could have had a second job in the circus!!

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Yah because its all about the size of your corners. Some of my faves:

Darrelle Revis 5' 11''
    Champ Bailey 6' 0"
    Ronnie Lott 6' 0"
    Rod Woodson 6' 0"

With heights like this they could have had a second job in the circus!!
    Prince is the only one at 6'0". The other 2 aren't even close. With the size of WRs now height does come into play. You must be under 6' if I offended with my post.........

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Prince is the only one at 6'0". The other 2 aren't even close. With the size of WRs now height does come into play. You must be under 6' if I offended with my post.........
    Not offended at all. My point was you dont have to be over 6' to be a good corner. Although Mathieu is 5' 9", his vertical was 3.5 inches higher than Jordan Poyer (6 ft), 1.5 inches higher than Logan Ryan (5' 11''), and .5 inches higher than DJ Hayden (5' 11")... all of whom are taller and expected to go before Mathieu. His vert is also tied with Johnthan Banks who is top 5 corner and 6' 2". One more, he is only 2 inches shy of Milliner's vert who is 6' and the top prospect. For his size, he has more ups than any of these guys and is a complete ball hawk. Im not saying he's the top of his class by any means, but when Rhodes is gone and if we dont take Trufant, Im a big fan of him in the 3rd, a tad more than Slay and Wreh-Wilson just cause of his upside. I wont be upset at all if he's not a Giant, but will be if we dont get a decent CB in the first few rounds. BTW, Im 6' 1'' if it means that much to you

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson