+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The honey badger

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I hear you . . . it's silly that there are still such consequences for smoking weed . . . .
    Can't wait until it's legal, not to go off topic.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    Can't wait until it's legal, not to go off topic.
    Neither can your avatar

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    he didnt kill, rape, or rob anyone,,he failed multiple drug tests. from all accounts he has smartened up and is on the right track. 3rd round on is about right for this kid.
    This is such an inane argument as if his transgressions need to be compared to other crimes to be abated. He's not being criticized for anything but what he did, which were the failed drug tests. He should be held accountable for those and those alone.

Whatever your stance on marijuana is irrelevant. These players know what's prohibited and what's not. It can be hot chocolate that's on the banned list. If your employer is paying you a 7 figure salary, and requesting you to not indulge in something that is of not importance, then you're beyond foolish to perpetually defy them. He's not coming to the Giants.

I love how everyone thinks they know who we will take and who we won't. How many giants had some trouble in their pasts? I can name a bunch. If the player is good enough to make JRs radar and he thinks they are worth a risk and can put the past behind them, then who's to say we don't snatch them up. That said, I like the badger, but agree he's not our typical prospect. I can see us grabbing someone like ogletree though even if he's had some trouble too.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Coughlin had been very public about the troubles of Bradshaw, Hosley and Marvin Austin at the moment they were drafted. They won't take a player unless they believed their issues were long behind them. I don't see how one can say that definitively about Mattieu, especially when talking about a third rounder.

Regardless, he doesn't make much sense outside of a subpackage player and return man.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Coughlin had been very public about the troubles of Bradshaw, Hosley and Marvin Austin at the moment they were drafted. They won't take a player unless they believed their issues were long behind them. I don't see how one can say that definitively about Mattieu, especially when talking about a third rounder.

Regardless, he doesn't make much sense outside of a subpackage player and return man.
    I agree, but think Matheiu has enough natural talent that he could really step his game up with more good coaching.

- Homer J. Simpson

He failed 10 drug tests ? Maybe JR can put Him in the Scared Straight program lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    He failed 10 drug tests ? Maybe JR can put Him in the Scared Straight program lol
    actually, according to him, he stopped counting at 10.

so 10+ in 2 years.

I would be interested to know if actually ever passed one.

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    Yeah man, him jayron and prince? We could have something special with that tandem
    Yeah, the All-Time Midget Secondary

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Yeah, the All-Time Midget Secondary
    Yah because its all about the size of your corners. Some of my faves:

Darrelle Revis 5' 11''
    Champ Bailey 6' 0"
    Ronnie Lott 6' 0"
    Rod Woodson 6' 0"

With heights like this they could have had a second job in the circus!!

- Homer J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread