+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Tank Carradine >>> Bjoern Werner. The tape doesn't lie.

Werner is not impressive at all. He has no special qualities. He's not fast, quick, explosive, or strong. If he doesn't win early with his pass-rush, he gets stalemated. He's one of those "try hard" football players who is a better college player than NFL player. NFL tackles will abuse this guy.

His physical traits and ability isn't even close to Tank if you watch the tape. Tank is a monster - a much more polished version of JPP coming out of college.

Why take the 2nd best DE on his own team at 19? Wouldn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Your on a roll with your threads..

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    OK, the whole "Werner isnt impressive" thing aside, what about Tank's ACL? Where does that come into play when you're talking first round prospects? It hasn't even been a year since the injury, so who's to say how well he'll bounce back. Im not sold in the 1st when he has not proven he can come back to 100% of his former self. I like the guy and think he was a monster, but the injury warrants him a knock down to round 2 IMO. I think he has a chance at round 1, but hope we arent the ones to bite (and Im pretty sure we wont).

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    OK, the whole "Werner isnt impressive" thing aside, what about Tank's ACL? Where does that come into play when you're talking first round prospects? It hasn't even been a year since the injury, so who's to say how well he'll bounce back. Im not sold in the 1st when he has not proven he can come back to 100% of his former self. I like the guy and think he was a monster, but the injury warrants him a knock down to round 2 IMO. I think he has a chance at round 1, but hope we arent the ones to bite (and Im pretty sure we wont).
    Tuck was a 1st round prospect that went in the 3rd because of injuries...just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Werner is not impressive at all. He has no special qualities. He's not fast, quick, explosive, or strong. If he doesn't win early with his pass-rush, he gets stalemated. He's one of those "try hard" football players who is a better college player than NFL player. NFL tackles will abuse this guy.

His physical traits and ability isn't even close to Tank if you watch the tape. Tank is a monster - a much more polished version of JPP coming out of college.

Why take the 2nd best DE on his own team at 19? Wouldn't that leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Tank being that impressive because Werner is the one drawing the double teams doesn't figure into your equation at all eh?

Or that Werner has better stats than Carradine WHILE being double teamed?

Ok.

I don't know how someone can write this then claim to actually watch the games. But I guess it's good entertainment value.

are you Tank Carradine..?

completly agree. Marvin austin was a top ten talent athletically but his injury history and off field issues made him fall to the 2nd. just being a great player doesnt man you can ignore everything else

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    completly agree. Marvin austin was a top ten talent athletically but his injury history and off field issues made him fall to the 2nd. just being a great player doesnt man you can ignore everything else
    Austin also sat a whole year before the draft (nevermind our injured bench). I actually liked the pick for Marvin in the 2nd and thought he'd be great. He's got one more year to prove something or he was def a bust.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Austin also sat a whole year before the draft (nevermind our injured bench). I actually liked the pick for Marvin in the 2nd and thought he'd be great. He's got one more year to prove something or he was def a bust.
    I loved the pick but im saying that you have to look at other issues (injuries, red flags, etc) when considering draft value, not just tape