+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ditto.
    Double Ditto.

I think the fact that the Giants apparently offered Osi a 3 year, $18M deal to stay says a lot about what the FO thinks of the group of DE's currently on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Double Ditto.

I think the fact that the Giants apparently offered Osi a 3 year, $18M deal to stay says a lot about what the FO thinks of the group of DE's currently on the roster.
    Where did you hear this?

Considering he just signed a 2 year / $8.5M contract with the Falcons.

Why? We already know that a big part of the Giants' draft equation is need. If the need isn't there, neither is the priority (barring a really highly rated player that falls to us in a priority position such as Prince).

Before the Jenkins signing we were desperate for a DT with Joseph, Austin, Kuhn and Rogers representing our starters and depth. With Jenkins in the mix, you can make the argument that the need isn't there (or not nearly as prevalent) and that the Jenkins signing gives Reese one more year to see if Austin pans out.

If that's the case, DT most likely won't be our first pick. If Star falls to us, we'll see what happens
    Not to mention that we also picked up Mike Patterson. We have the quantity, but it still remains to see what kind of quality we have. Nonetheless, unless a top DT prospect fell to us, we've addressed the need with signing three DTs.

People said the same thing when we signed Bennett last year and were head-over-heels with Fleener. Superficial need was addressed through FA, on to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Agree. Lots of memebers here are thinking these off-season signings and workouts with Vet players will somehow affect the position we pick. We do this for depth in camp to see who can outperform who. By no means should this affect the positions we draft. We have quite a few areas with little or no talent that we crucially need to fill with aspiring young blood.
    It does "somehow affect the position we pick." If you sign two DTs in free agency, known starters, and re-sign a FA of your own, then you've addressed the need considerably.

Had the Giants signed Martin Parker, and Nate Collins, I'd be less assured. But they signed two veteran tackles, and re-signed one of their own veteran tackles. If they draft DT first round, it's not because they feel they haven't adequately addressed DT, it's because the value is too good, and the positional quality could still be viewed as an unknown.

Where did you hear this?

Considering he just signed a 2 year / $8.5M contract with the Falcons.
    I think that Roanoke Fan posted this yesterday.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/03/...s-career-over/

I think that Roanoke Fan posted this yesterday.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/03/...s-career-over/
    Hmmmph ... interesting. Thanks!

Hmmmph ... interesting. Thanks!
    Any time.

The title of the article contained no indication that it had anything to do with Osi, but to me that was the most interesting part of the article . . . .

Any time.

The title of the article contained no indication that it had anything to do with Osi, but to me that was the most interesting part of the article . . . .
    I agree ... and Osi has been bitter ever since Spags left.