+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Tired of the soap opera Cruz and just sign Nicks and move on thread"

What soap opera? Gametime is 100% correct. The only people making this into a dramatic soap opera are the fans on this board.

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What soap opera? Gametime is 100% correct. The only people making this into a dramatic soap opera are the fans on this board.
    And you, of all, would know given your relationship
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And you, of all, would know given your relationship
    Cruz is very misunderstood, he loves rhe Giants and is not greedy. LISTEN TO ME, I'M HIS WIFEE

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Cruz is very misunderstood, he loves rhe Giants and is not greedy. LISTEN TO ME, I'M HIS WIFEE
    It is very rare for a team to keep two premier WRs. Look at what happened in AZ. They had to make a choice between Bolden and Fitzgerald for who they offer the large salary to. I just don't see Cruz getting what the Giants want to offer Nicks.

I think the market got zapped by the Dolphins paying Mike Wallace so much since Cruz can honestly say he is better and more productive, yet he's not going to get paid the same amount. It's a tough situation for both the Giants and Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    It is very rare for a team to keep two premier WRs. Look at what happened in AZ. They had to make a choice between Bolden and Fitzgerald for who they offer the large salary to. I just don't see Cruz getting what the Giants want to offer Nicks.I think the market got zapped by the Dolphins paying Mike Wallace so much since Cruz can honestly say he is better and more productive, yet he's not going to get paid the same amount. It's a tough situation for both the Giants and Cruz.
    Well this a lot more logical than saying the Cruz signing is a soap opera.

MUCH better.

It is even more difficult for a team to keep two premier WR's when the team has a franchise QB who has gotten paid. Miami laid out a bunch of money for Hartline and Wallace, but they aren't paying their QB franchise money (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    the soap opera is not being generated by Cruz or anyone in the organization. the sports news media keeps reporting a lot of this stuff true or not!

these stories sell a lot of papers and/or advertisements!
    +1....as with most controversial football stories

Strahan showed how to deal with these parasites:

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post

LOL good video... right on! +100
    Last edited by giant-4-life; 04-04-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post

"And make me another sammich!"

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    It is very rare for a team to keep two premier WRs. Look at what happened in AZ. They had to make a choice between Bolden and Fitzgerald for who they offer the large salary to. I just don't see Cruz getting what the Giants want to offer Nicks.

I think the market got zapped by the Dolphins paying Mike Wallace so much since Cruz can honestly say he is better and more productive, yet he's not going to get paid the same amount. It's a tough situation for both the Giants and Cruz.
    How do we know what the Giants want to offer Nicks though? Suppose Nicks has another season where he misses games. Will that affect his worth to the Giants? Suppose Cruz is Eli's most productive receiver for the third year in a row? Suppose Both Nicks and Cruz play all 16 games and both exceed 1,000 yards? Then suppose Randle has a breakout season in 2013, does that lessen the need to sign Nicks in 2014?

Reese knows what he has to get done. But he also knows things can take turns you just can't predict that will forever alter your long term plans.

I think Reese will sign Cruz to a long term deal before June. IMO, Nicks needs to put off serious negotiations and put in a season where he plays every game and put up Nicks like numbers to maximize his negotiating leverage.

You take them as they come, and if Reese keeps doing his one year deals as he just did again with Patterson, he will have money to use for the next several seasons.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread