+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Edelman visiting the Giants.

I wonder why the Patriots don't want him back, but sign Michael Jenkins, quite possibly the most underwhelming/average receiver in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I wonder why the Patriots don't want him back, but sign Michael Jenkins, quite possibly the most underwhelming/average receiver in NFL history.
    Well the knock on Edelman is that he has been bitten quite a lot by the injury bug, ankle, foot, forearm, hand, you name it and some concussions to round things off. I guess the Patsies don't see Julian as a long term fixure but IMO he can be an excellent role player.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Just read the post and I have to disagree with most of you about Elderman. Yes he is very versatile, but so is Jernigan. In fact, they are the same type player. Now if JJ was with the patriots, he would have been used way more than he was here because they had injuries at that position. We are much deeper at the receiver position than in NE. JJ also was solid returning punts at the end of the year for us. Now I'm not saying that Elderman is a slouch, but he could have been a forgotten man if he played here instead of NE.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Well the knock on Edelman is that he has been bitten quite a lot by the injury bug, ankle, foot, forearm, hand, you name it and some concussions to round things off. I guess the Patsies don't see Julian as a long term fixure but IMO he can be an excellent role player.
    I agree, possibly an excellent role player. That's why it makes me weary that a team with an ideology so felicitously captured by "do your job" lets him walk with no fight.

Wouldn't be the first time the Pats surprised me with a personnel decision, but what do I know? Pats are the gold standard in NFL management.

Edelman would be a nice signing.

He gives us depth for the slot in case Cruz gets dinged for a game or two, and he is a good Punt Returner.

I believe he returns knockoffs too.

The guy is just a good football player and is versatile.

You can never have too many of those guys on your team.

I would love a pick up like this if the price is right. His versatility alone makes him worth it and would provide solid depth at wr, cb and special teams.

But where does that leave Danny "Superstar" DePalma?

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post
    Just read the post and I have to disagree with most of you about Elderman. Yes he is very versatile, but so is Jernigan. In fact, they are the same type player. Now if JJ was with the patriots, he would have been used way more than he was here because they had injuries at that position. We are much deeper at the receiver position than in NE. JJ also was solid returning punts at the end of the year for us. Now I'm not saying that Elderman is a slouch, but he could have been a forgotten man if he played here instead of NE.
    JJ has done squat in the NFL. Comparing the 2 is completely asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post
    JJ also was solid returning punts at the end of the year for us. Now I'm not saying that Elderman is a slouch, but he could have been a forgotten man if he played here instead of NE.
    JJ was returning punts at the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by UKAnt14 View Post
    I'd say he'd more likely be competition with JJ for the third WR spot.
    4th
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread