+ Reply to Thread

You Gotta Love JR's Stealthy Approach To The Draft

He plays it so close to the Vest, it can drive you Nuts trying to figure out who He is targeting. He has 2 ghosts of GM's past floating around inside His Noodle. George Young, who would not trade up or down, just straight down the line. Then there is Ernie Accorsi who's own idealolgy was no matter what RD, If the player ( who He likes in a later RD ) is still up on the board when His pick is up, He'll pull the trigger early rather than lose Him. Now Jr is his own Man, with His own Whit and Guile ( With His own Slight of Hand approaching the Draft). I have never guessed right what His pick is.

I never understood why it matters really? I mean , theres so many possiblities and so many diffrent things that can happen, its kinda hard to tip ur card , as they say.. I mean, is it harder to see who the Saints are targeting when they visit with 50prospects or is it harder to see who Reese is targeting, when he visits with 15?

I Believe JR didn't Bring In Wilson, For A Visit Prior To The Draft

That's what I meant when I said " Close To The Vest " and " Slight Of Hand " . The LSU visit He made intrigues me though.

What GM in the league is running around telling everyone who he is going to pick? Being discreet about his targets is sensible but doesn't set JR apart from any other GM in the league.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What GM in the league is running around telling everyone who he is going to pick? Being discreet about his targets is sensible but doesn't set JR apart from any other GM in the league.
    +1

I don't understand all the hype with JR and the draft.

That's why I'm not predicting aloud who he is gonna pick. I want it to be real, and not skipped over because his first rounders are really, never, ever predicted. In other words, he will draft (blank) because he is great at (his position.) and I'm not telling for the benefit of the doubt of him not being picked. Cuz I got a backup too. I'll let everyone know my mock the day before April 25th. Or round 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
    That's why I'm not predicting aloud who he is gonna pick. I want it to be real, and not skipped over because his first rounders are really, never, ever predicted. In other words, he will draft (blank) because he is great at (his position.) and I'm not telling for the benefit of the doubt of him not being picked. Cuz I got a backup too. I'll let everyone know my mock the day before April 25th. Or round 1.
    Nicks and KP were widely predicted picks.

I'm not sure how your own personal mock factors into JR's decision making . . . . .
    Last edited by TCHOF; 04-03-2013 at 08:14 PM.