+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Nicks 6'1 209lbs ----- Cruz 6'0 204lbs

All the talk about Cruz not being an outside guy, not being a #1 WR, only being good in slot comes from what? The fact that he's only an inch shorter than Nicks? C'mon! Cruz has the skill set and pure natural ability to play inside or out, pick your poison.

I never really compared the profiles of Cruz and Nicks until now. It baffles me that people are making such a big deal about Cruz only being a slot guy. Yes, in the recent years we've had some monster guys at wideout in the NFL putting up big numbers but does it mean you only get paid big money if your 6'4 6'5. I think its completely ridiculous. Cruz deserves to get whatever he's asking for, and if we cant pay him I'll be happy if he got it from someone else, the guy deserves every single penny.
    Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 04-04-2013 at 10:37 PM.

These debates are so trivial. For starters, it was never about height to begin with. This criticism of Cruz (if you can even call it that) all stems from his inconsistency without Nicks causing havoc* on the outside.

*And before someone throws Nicks' stats at me, watch a few 2011 games to understand why he is so vital to our offense.

What do their heights have to do with their physicality and how well they play the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    These debates are so trivial. For starters, it was never about height to begin with. This criticism of Cruz (if you can even call it that) all stems from his inconsistency without Nicks causing havoc* on the outside.

*And before someone throws Nicks' stats at me, watch a few 2011 games to understand why he is so vital to our offense.
    Even though it is trivial, Nicks does seem to play a lot "bigger" than Cruz when they are on the outside.

It stems from play. Look at game tape of Nicks, and tell me you don't see dominance.

Also, height has nothing to do with how physical you play. Look at Steve Smith of the Panthers (5'9, 198 lbs.).

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post

I've watched every game Nicks has played in for the Giants, no need for highlight videos.
    When your offensive system is built around exposing double teams with multiple route combinations installed into every play it gets a little harder to gain big yards when you are the only legitimate threat the defense has to worry about. Cruz is one of few high level players that CANNOT rely on height and jumpball skills to bailout their QB. Everything Cruz does on the field is a product of his skills, nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    I've watched every game Nicks has played in for the Giants, no need for highlight videos.
    When your offensive system is built around exposing double teams with multiple route combinations installed into every play it gets a little harder to gain big yards when you are the only legitimate threat the defense has to worry about. Cruz is one of few high level players that CANNOT rely on height and jumpball skills to bailout their QB. Everything Cruz does on the field is a product of his skills, nothing more nothing less.
    Ok, let me ask you this:

What does Cruz bring to the table that Nicks doesn't bring? (Besides staying healthy, that's obvious).

Wes Welker is another person you don't judge a person because of his physicality

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    What do their heights have to do with their physicality and how well they play the outside?
    Nothing... Nick is labeled a unanimous #1 WR and Cruz gets labeled a slot receiver. Cruz can play both inside and outside at anytime, to me that sounds like more of an advantage not a downfall like many "experts" are saying.

My other point was PAY THE MAN!
    Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 04-04-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Um. Cruz is only a slot receiver and not an outside guy because like 90% of his catches come from the slot.

He's very average to below average outside. It's the two way go and his reading of the defense that make him what he is