Closed Thread
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 639

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

    Restricted free agent Victor Cruz was reportedly asking for $10M-$11M per year from the Giants while with his old agency.
    The Giants previously offered a long-term deal worth $7M annually and $20M guaranteed, so the two sides were far apart. It's unclear exaclty what Jay-Z and Cruz's new representation will ask for, but we can bet they won't be handing out any discounts. Cruz appears to be seeking a similar contract to the five-year, $56 million deal Dwayne Bowe got from the Chiefs a month ago.
    Source: New York Daily News

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Source: New York Daily News
    He deserves it.

  3. #3
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,901
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    He deserves it.
    "Deserves got nothing to do with it."

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    He deserves it.
    Ok Ok, to a certain point I agree with you but to a certain point i don't. Here's why.......Cruz was an unknown before 2011. Do you think he would been the player he is now if he would of started in the Jets organization? or in the Raiders organization? or in the Browns organization? sure, maybe as a patriot he would of exploded or as a Seahawk but anyways my point is that he shouldn't get greedy. I know what your thinking....he should get every penny he can blah blah blah...but $7Million per year and $20million guaranteed is pretty damn good money. And the endorsement money he will make will surely make up for the extra money he wants. All I'm saying now is, I love Cruz and i salsa dance with him every time he scores, im a huge fan! but this $10million money he is asking for is to much for the Giants and I think they should just look to trade him and get something in return.

  5. #5
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,097
    Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Ok Ok, to a certain point I agree with you but to a certain point i don't. Here's why.......Cruz was an unknown before 2011. Do you think he would been the player he is now if he would of started in the Jets organization? or in the Raiders organization? or in the Browns organization? sure, maybe as a patriot he would of exploded or as a Seahawk but anyways my point is that he shouldn't get greedy. I know what your thinking....he should get every penny he can blah blah blah...but $7Million per year and $20million guaranteed is pretty damn good money. And the endorsement money he will make will surely make up for the extra money he wants. All I'm saying now is, I love Cruz and i salsa dance with him every time he scores, im a huge fan! but this $10million money he is asking for is to much for the Giants and I think they should just look to trade him and get something in return.
    It doesn't matter what he asks for, what matters is what he will take.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    317
    Call his bluff and let him gamble with his option year at the 2.8 mil. If he has a great year and they think he's worth 10+ mil and have the money they can offer it to him after the season. If he decides to walk anyway after the season we can get another top receiver for that kind of money. I say no way Cruz will gamble and will sign for the 7+ mil.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    He deserves it.
    hmm idk bud...

  8. #8
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,117
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    hmm idk bud...
    How does he not deserve it?

    Oh ..and deserve does not equal "get".

  9. #9
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How does he not deserve it?

    Oh ..and deserve does not equal "get".
    Because he doesn't do the things that make a WR deserve $10m+ a year, namely dominate on the outside. He deserves a pay day, just not $10m+ big.

  10. #10
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Because he doesn't do the things that make a WR deserve $10m+ a year, namely dominate on the outside. He deserves a pay day, just not $10m+ big.
    If you look at his salary the past two years, and compare it to his level of production, he in my opinion deserves it. Will he get it? Not from us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts