Closed Thread
Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ar-from-giants

The Giants reportedly have extended an offer to Cruz worth $7 million annually with more than $20 million in guarantees.

Roc Nation will have to bridge a sizeable gap, as Cruz expects a much bigger pay day. The Daily News reported Wednesday that Cruz's last request under former agent Tom Condon was closer to the $10 million to $11 million range per year.

Cruz wants to be paid the going rate for a No. 1 receiver entering his prime while the Giants are offering elite slot-receiver money.

Read More...
    Where are you getting "FORMER AGENT" from? I do not see that anywhere. My understanding is that roc nation is going to handle non football interests and Condon will handle the football side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    If he liked the deal and really wanted to stay in NY, yes.

If he wants more money, then no.

See what I mean?
    No, I really don't. Who doesn't want "more money." Do you think Eli accepted the first offer he got in his last extension?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutwest View Post
    Where are you getting "FORMER AGENT" from? I do not see that anywhere. My understanding is that roc nation is going to handle non football interests and Condon will handle the football side.
    That's because you actually bothered to read what was written.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Cruz has been tendered and he hasn't signed.

Cruz has been offered a deal and he hasn't accepted.

Those are facts, not speculation.
    Not hard for someone to go off him after watching this play out. It's been going on since the beginning of last season, remember.
    He has until the 19th. Would you not wait to see what, if any, other offers come? There is nothing wrong with what Cruz is doing or has done. NOTHING.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No, I really don't. Who doesn't want "more money." Do you think Eli accepted the first offer he got in his last extension?
    That's my point ... he wants more money and not specifically from the Giants.

And Eli did sign a new contract with the Giants long before they had to start with this tendering bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I'm starting to think that way too. At this moment I don't see any team coughing a 1st to sign him away and by the looks right now he is not getting more dough for Mr. Mara. So IMO he has no choice to sign his tender already and play our the deal then if his sentiments are not in the way in staying in blue then he could cash in next year. Plain and simple.
    He still has til the 19th. Are you saying the Giants are not going to try and match an offer if one should happen to come?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I'm starting to think that way too. At this moment I don't see any team coughing a 1st to sign him away and by the looks right now he is not getting more dough for Mr. Mara. So IMO he has no choice to sign his tender already and play our the deal then if his sentiments are not in the way in staying in blue then he could cash in next year. Plain and simple.
    Has Cruz or even anyone in the all knowing media said he won't sign the tender?

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    He has until the 19th. Would you not wait to see what, if any, other offers come? There is nothing wrong with what Cruz is doing or has done. NOTHING.
    Nothing wrong with it at all.

Just points to the fact that Cruz might be a bit more interested in his next contract than with staying with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's my point ... he wants more money and not specifically from the Giants.

And Eli did sign a new contract with the Giants long before they had to start with this tendering bull****.
    Eli was never a RFA

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Eli was never a RFA
    Exactly my point.

Closed Thread