Closed Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by bg79 View Post
    At this point I am tired of Cruz, he has squandered any goodwill I had towards him with how he has carried himself during this. He has bitten the hand that feeds him and he'll end up making less in the long run due to this extremely foolish short-sighted money grab. We all saw that he wasnt capable of being a #1 receiver, this team would not be better having him signed for that ridiculous figure tying up all the cap space. Trade him somewhere else and let him Steve Smith his way into obscurity and watch his endorsement deals fade quickly out of sight because the whole good guy nature he once had has now turned into typical primma donna wide receiver BS.
    Dumbest post in this thread.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He just copied and pasted the article. That was the writer's oversight (which has since been corrected).
    And look at the fallout the write created with his "oversight."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I'm trying to point out in a reasonable way ( obviously all speculations like you said ) that he probably isn't going to get and offers from other team by this time in FA when all " top " WR's have been signed already with out the need to trade a 1st and hand out a HUGE deal Cruz is seeking.
    I agree. I don't think there will be any offers better than the Giants.....but I'm sure the Giants are prepared to match a reasonable offer.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And look at the fallout the write created with his "oversight."
    Amazing how some journalists even get hired.

Alright ladies, I think there is two separate issues going on here:

What he "deserves"and what he's probably going to get are two separate issues.

As most of you all know, I love my soon to be husband Victor Cruz. Do I think he deserves $10 mill? Sure, look at the numbers he's put up. Yeah, he didn't have a flashy 2012 season, but neither did a lot of guys on our team. Doesn't make sense to pin him for that.

HOWEVER, that does not mean he is getting that amount from the Giants. As a matter of fact, I would rather keep Nicks, than pay one player that amount of money. As you all know, we are very tight in cap space, and it's just going to get tighter in the future. We have Nicks contract to deal and sort out, and before you know it, JPP and Randle's, as well as David Wilsons.

The Giants simply do not have that kind of money to give to Cruz in 2014. I have no doubt in my mind that he will play in 2013. However, If he seriously wants to stay with us, he will have to think 5-8 million..or the $7 million 3 year contract we laid out for him.

In conclusion, I love Victor Cruz, I do not think he's just a "slot" guy, and he helps our offense tremendously...but the Giants do not and will not give out that type of money to him..especially in the condition we are in now in terms of cap space.

MUCH better.

Veteran
    Here's the problem, We, the all knowing fans, don't KNOW ****. We get spoon fed speculation by the media heads who, while admitting they don't know tell us what it is they don't know all in the same sentence.

Every player in the NFL is entitled to negotiate his contract. That's what Cruz is doing. Call it posturing, call it strategy, call it whatever you want. He is entitled to get the best deal he can. That's what's going on, no more and no less.
    And the fans are entitled to want the team to do the best it can. Which the Giants will not be able to do if they start going over 8 mil per year with Cruz since they wont be able to resign Nicks after next year. You can try to hide it all you want, but Cruz is about Cruz. Period. Whatever and where ever contract Cruz signs next, you won't hear about him willing to renegotiate to keep someone.

Here's the problem, We, the all knowing fans, don't KNOW ****. We get spoon fed speculation by the media heads who, while admitting they don't know tell us what it is they don't know all in the same sentence.

Every player in the NFL is entitled to negotiate his contract. That's what Cruz is doing. Call it posturing, call it strategy, call it whatever you want. He is entitled to get the best deal he can. That's what's going on, no more and no less.
    You would think a post so logical would hold more weight than a media trying to stir the pot.....but it won't. Our fanbase is so fickle.

If Cruz is looking for the Giants to set the bar for a slot WR at 10+ he can enjoy playing on the tender this year and maybe the franchise tag next season. If they don't have a deal by the time the draft rolls around then they have to see if a potential replacement like Jamal Miles in the later rounds makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Sure ... but if Cruz doesn't know, Tom Condon sure should be able to clue him in on that fact that the Giants rarely (ever under Reese?) raise their initial offer.

I understand the vagueries of negotiating an NFL contract (somewhat) ... it just seems to me that Cruz is getting large dollar signs in his eyes based on what guys like Bowe and Harvin got (both of whom he easily out produced). And I highly doubt the Giants go anywhere near those numbers.
    How would anyone know that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Amazing how some journalists even get hired.
    They get hired because so many of "us" are willing to follow the speculating that leads them nowhere.

Closed Thread