Closed Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    why..are you kicking in or something..... You would let him walk for 1.5 mil??? ( if this was the case)
    The market for slot receivers has been set. Cruz is widely considered a slot receiver in the NFL. It really doesn't matter what Cruz is looking for because I don't even think Cruz would see close to 11 Million as a FA. The Giants shouldn't offer a penny more than 8 Million since they have to sign Nicks as well and they don't want to tie up too much money in Wrs. 8 Million is 33% more than Wes Welker's salary and he is considered by many as the best slot receiver in the game. If he doesn't take the offer, play under the tender then CYA!!!
    Last edited by JB456; 04-04-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Has Cruz or even anyone in the all knowing media said he won't sign the tender?
    Obviously this are all tactics in negotiation that are valid and don't hurt personal interests ( team vs player ) but I'm just giving my opinion in the whole matter saying that Cruz isn't getting more dough from the Giants right now, the offer is right on the table. I don't see it other way than signing the tender, if you don't accept the offer and then wait next year to cash in here or elsewhere. All this because I have the firm believe he isn't going to be signed away by another team willing to cough up a 1st. Again this are just my two cents.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    They get hired because so many of "us" are willing to follow the speculating that leads them nowhere.
    I mean the fact checking part. Research is probably 70% of the job - how do you mess that up? Pure laziness.

Content bias likely comes from the top.

You would think a post so logical would hold more weight than a media trying to stir the pot.....but it won't. Our fanbase is so fickle.
    It's really amazing to me that we just can't sit and wait for whatever is going to happen to just ****ing happen. Has no one ever been involved in a labor negotiation? Now we have members taking issue with Cruz dumping Condon which hasn't happened. They would rather latch on to an ill conceived post here and just run with it. "Damn the facts, full speed ahead."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Here's the problem, We, the all knowing fans, don't KNOW ****. We get spoon fed speculation by the media heads who, while admitting they don't know tell us what it is they don't know all in the same sentence.

Every player in the NFL is entitled to negotiate his contract. That's what Cruz is doing. Call it posturing, call it strategy, call it whatever you want. He is entitled to get the best deal he can. That's what's going on, no more and no less.
    Lol you must have me confused with others on this thread....all I said was I wouldn't (if I was Reese) give him more than 8-8.5 max based on his performance and our cap situation. I'm not saying he's a jerk and I hate him because of some stupid article.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I mean the fact checking part. Research is probably 70% of the job - how do you mess that up? Pure laziness.

Content bias likely comes from the top.
    Not anymore. It's about getting the headline first and then covering your bases by admitting no one of any actual knowlegde has said anything. I got out of the business because having an agenda or selling the headline is more important than stating facts. And that was nearly 30 years ago. It's far worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Obviously this are all tactics in negotiation that are valid and don't hurt personal interests ( team vs player ) but I'm just giving my opinion in the whole matter saying that Cruz isn't getting more dough from the Giants right now, the offer is right on the table. I don't see it other way than signing the tender, if you don't accept the offer and then wait next year to cash in here or elsewhere. All this because I have the firm believe he isn't going to be signed away by another team willing to cough up a 1st. Again this are just my two cents.
    You are saying what you believe, I get that. But what you, or I, believe and what is factual aren't always the same. Why won't he "get more dough" when John Mara has already opened that door? Why should be not wait until April 19th?

Suppose on April 17th, God forbid, a top 5 WR is taken out of the picture due to some off field incident. That team knows Cruz is RFA and puts in an offer sheet for $9.5M. How stupid would Condon look for simply not waiting?

As for what he's "demanding," We have never known what that figure is from any reliable source.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I agree. I don't think there will be any offers better than the Giants.....but I'm sure the Giants are prepared to match a reasonable offer.
    I don't have any doubt the Giants are prepared ( financially ) to match any offers he could get but I believe and stand by what Mr. Mara said about his contract negotiation,
    https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&r...F3VxffXANBujOQ

If that limit is crossed I do believe Mr. Mara will stick by his guns and let Cruz walk.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I'm in
    i want to get in i like beer and i like "friendly bets"
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Lol you must have me confused with others on this thread....all I said was I wouldn't (if I was Reese) give him more than 8-8.5 max based on his performance and our cap situation. I'm not saying he's a jerk and I hate him because of some stupid article.
    Well that's three of us then lol

I was actually agreeing with you by trying to apply some logic to the media speculation issue we live with.

# 80

Closed Thread