Closed Thread
Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How would anyone know that?
    Have you ever heard of Reese raising their initial offer once a contract offer has been made public?

All-Pro
    It's really amazing to me that we just can't sit and wait for whatever is going to happen to just ****ing happen. Has no one ever been involved in a labor negotiation? Now we have members taking issue with Cruz dumping Condon which hasn't happened. They would rather latch on to an ill conceived post here and just run with it. "Damn the facts, full speed ahead."
    my first read through that article it said former t Condon and right after you told Condon was still his agent....so I got confused then I went back and the writer had fixed it....Idk...this board wants links supplied and the crap can't trusted....oh my

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Have you ever heard of Reese raising their initial offer once a contract offer has been made public?
    He gave Osi more money last year......for nothing.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Not anymore. It's about getting the headline first and then covering your bases by admitting no one of any actual knowlegde has said anything. I got out of the business because having an agenda or selling the headline is more important than stating facts. And that was nearly 30 years ago. It's far worse now.
    Sad. Not hard to see why they do it, though. People flock to the articles thanks to social media and message boards like this. Easy money.

Well that's three of us then lol

I was actually agreeing with you by trying to apply some logic to the media speculation issue we live with.
    Lol I hear that....I can see how he doesn't want to play for that tender then get injured and ruin his career. If I was him I would definitely want some guaranteed money right now before anything bad happens, God forbid.

Just knowing all the contracts that will need to be handled in the near future makes me think we can't really give him what he's going to demand. I expect him to be gone in 2014 but we'll see what happens with Nicks and Randle next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Sad. Not hard to see why they do it, though. People flock to the articles thanks to social media and message boards like this. Easy money.
    No....not so easy to make money being a writer anymore. Anyone can start a blog.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    No....not so easy to make money being a writer anymore. Anyone can start a blog.
    I mean for the organisation selling advertising by the click.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    my first read through that article it said former t Condon and right after you told Condon was still his agent....so I got confused then I went back and the writer had fixed it....Idk...this board wants links supplied and the crap can't trusted....oh my
    Links just give us something to point to when the **** hits the fan. It doesn't prevent the mess

In the ever pressing race to be the first to report, media outlets like Bleacher Report would rather have to back track than get beaten out as "the first to report." More often than not, in BR's case, they fail which is why they are just not credible.

I'd be willing to bet they half read the Daily News piece and took it and ran.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I mean for the organisation selling advertising by the click.
    Yes.....that is exactly what it's all about. Get the headline out before anyone else....retract the stuff you got wrong later. That used to be frowned upon.

I really really hope we dont give him a ridiculously high contract just to keep him.

I hope the FO knows his value and does not over pay.

Closed Thread