Closed Thread
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by airban View Post
    The guys saying "let him walk" are funny. This is his one shot at a lifetime security type contract, you can bet he's going to leverage for every extra penny. The NFL is a business after all it's said and done.

If I was him and saw what Bowe was making, you can bet I'd ask for close to that if not more. Cruz turned the SB winning season around in that Jets game, not to mention getting squarely in Belichick's head in the big game, allowing Nicks and Mario to do their things. What in the world has Bowe ever done?
    I bet you wont find it funny if the Giants sign this guy to his alleged $10+ mil a year deal, and in the next few years, have to cut a ton of other people at other positions because they're over the cap. I absolutely believe that he has earned a much bigger contract than what he's been playing for in recent years. However, it doesn't mean I want the Giants to play sucker to him and his agents as they bury themselves into cap hell in the forseeable future. Let some other team pay him if those are the numbers he's demanding. The Giants have far more pressing issues, with Nicks' contract up next season, and JPP not long after.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    I bet you wont find it funny if the Giants sign this guy to his alleged $10+ mil a year deal, and in the next few years, have to cut a ton of other people at other positions because they're over the cap. I absolutely believe that he has earned a much bigger contract than what he's been playing for in recent years. However, it doesn't mean I want the Giants to play sucker to him and his agents as they bury themselves into cap hell in the forseeable future. Let some other team pay him if those are the numbers he's demanding. The Giants have far more pressing issues, with Nicks' contract up next season, and JPP not long after.
    They did that already with Baas and Rolle. At least Cruz would be deservedly overpaid.

All-Pro
    Let him walk. If Eli is a top tier QB, which at times he most certainly is, he can make WR's better than what they are. If that's what he wants let him go destroy another teams salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    It actually did seem clearer in my head than it does in my post!

You obviously have to look at past performance to try to predict future performance, but you can't pay a guy more for future performance because you think he was underpaid in the past.

An analagous situation is when fans want to reward an all-time great player for past performance. For example, Bears fans wanted to meet Uhrlacher's asking price because he has been such a great Bear and he "deserves" it. But his projected future performance is only worth a one year $2M deal, and that's what the Bears offered him. That's why he's on the street now.
    I think an elite player at Cruz's age gets more consideration for potential than Welker and Welker gets more consideration for past performance. In the end, it equals out.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Let him walk. If Eli is a top tier QB, which at times he most certainly is, he can make WR's better than what they are. If that's what he wants let him go destroy another teams salary cap.
    That's a big IF
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yeah Cruz is a diva,.......please
    Yeah he sure is telling his agent he'd be willing to settle for 7 mil a year while his team mates are taking pay cuts to try to keep guys like him here. PLEASE! Weak argument there bub.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's a big IF
    Hope so, but wouldn't doubt he is trying to make as much as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    Yeah he sure is telling his agent he'd be willing to settle for 7 mil a year while his team mates are taking pay cuts to try to keep guys like him here. PLEASE! Weak argument there bub.
    His teammates are taking pay cuts to adjust the CAP. It's not any players fault that the organization has tight CAP space. It's a call Jerry Reese makes based on what the organization wants to do.

# 80

Hope so, but wouldn't doubt he is trying to make as much as he can.
    Don't you? Cruz has nothing to do with the salary CAP being what it is.

# 80

Closed Thread