Closed Thread
Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    He has until the 19th. Would you not wait to see what, if any, other offers come? There is nothing wrong with what Cruz is doing or has done. NOTHING.
    I never said there was. Read the post in context before jamming the shift key.

I was only explaining how fans could be put off by the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Nothing wrong with it at all.

Just points to the fact that Cruz might be a bit more interested in his next contract than with staying with the Giants.
    OR...he may be trying to get leverage in a situation where he has very little.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You aren't giving him a dime
    Well technically I am because Reese/Mara get their money from me and other fans who buy merch, attend games, and watch them on TV

Lol I guess I should've said "if I was Reese" but I really don't thinkn he should get more than 8.5 tops, 9 or higher would be kind of ridiculous but the deals other WR's are getting right now definitely don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I never said there was. Read the post in context before jamming the shift key.

I was only explaining how fans could be put off by the situation.
    And those would be the media sheep who have no say in this toi begin with. Other than..."baaaaaaaaaa"
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

OR...he may be trying to get leverage in a situation where he has very little.
    Sure ... but if Cruz doesn't know, Tom Condon sure should be able to clue him in on that fact that the Giants rarely (ever under Reese?) raise their initial offer.

I understand the vagueries of negotiating an NFL contract (somewhat) ... it just seems to me that Cruz is getting large dollar signs in his eyes based on what guys like Bowe and Harvin got (both of whom he easily out produced). And I highly doubt the Giants go anywhere near those numbers.

He still has til the 19th. Are you saying the Giants are not going to try and match an offer if one should happen to come?
    I'm trying to point out in a reasonable way ( obviously all speculations like you said ) that he probably isn't going to get and offers from other team by this time in FA when all " top " WR's have been signed already with out the need to trade a 1st and hand out a HUGE deal Cruz is seeking.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran
    At this point I am tired of Cruz, he has squandered any goodwill I had towards him with how he has carried himself during this. He has bitten the hand that feeds him and he'll end up making less in the long run due to this extremely foolish short-sighted money grab. We all saw that he wasnt capable of being a #1 receiver, this team would not be better having him signed for that ridiculous figure tying up all the cap space. Trade him somewhere else and let him Steve Smith his way into obscurity and watch his endorsement deals fade quickly out of sight because the whole good guy nature he once had has now turned into typical primma donna wide receiver BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Sure ... but if Cruz doesn't know, Tom Condon sure should be able to clue him in on that fact that the Giants rarely (ever under Reese?) raise their initial offer.

I understand the vagueries of negotiating an NFL contract (somewhat) ... it just seems to me that Cruz is getting large dollar signs in his eyes based on what guys like Bowe and Harvin got (both of whom he easily out produced). And I highly doubt the Giants go anywhere near those numbers.
    And if they don't, they don't. It would be a HUGE mistake on Cruz's part to play one year under the tender. I believe he will get no other offers better than the Giants and he will sign the deal offered. But he has until the 19th. Getting bent before then based on notrhing but speculation is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutwest View Post
    Where are you getting "FORMER AGENT" from? I do not see that anywhere.
    He just copied and pasted the article. That was the writer's oversight (which has since been corrected).

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Well technically I am because Reese/Mara get their money from me and other fans who buy merch, attend games, and watch them on TV

Lol I guess I should've said "if I was Reese" but I really don't thinkn he should get more than 8.5 tops, 9 or higher would be kind of ridiculous but the deals other WR's are getting right now definitely don't help.
    Here's the problem, We, the all knowing fans, don't KNOW ****. We get spoon fed speculation by the media heads who, while admitting they don't know tell us what it is they don't know all in the same sentence.

Every player in the NFL is entitled to negotiate his contract. That's what Cruz is doing. Call it posturing, call it strategy, call it whatever you want. He is entitled to get the best deal he can. That's what's going on, no more and no less.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Closed Thread