Closed Thread
Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Lol I hear that....I can see how he doesn't want to play for that tender then get injured and ruin his career. If I was him I would definitely want some guaranteed money right now before anything bad happens, God forbid.

Just knowing all the contracts that will need to be handled in the near future makes me think we can't really give him what he's going to demand. I expect him to be gone in 2014 but we'll see what happens with Nicks and Randle next year.
    Being the eternal optimist, I see Reese signing both Cruz and Nicks. What is fascinating to me, at times like these, is no one stops to think the two people who REALLY know, haven't said a word; Condon and Reese.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    I really really hope we dont give him a ridiculously high contract just to keep him.

I hope the FO knows his value and does not over pay.
    They do, and they won't.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    I really really hope we dont give him a ridiculously high contract just to keep him.

I hope the FO knows his value and does not over pay.
    That is not how the Giants operate. They will pay what they believe is fair.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Yes.....that is exactly what it's all about. Get the headline out before anyone else....retract the stuff you got wrong later. That used to be frowned upon.
    yeah there was a day one would lose his job over such things ....it ****ing terrible how it all is these days ....

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    He gave Osi more money last year......for nothing.
    Yes ... but he didn't raise the amount on a publicly made offer.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Fair Schmair. They will pay an amount that is the best interest of the New York Giants. If they can't agree, he will play for $2.8MM this year and test the market.
    It could be that he's worth less to us than he may to another team, so I don't buy into the notion that the FO will offer what's "fair".
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    yeah and thank god....there far to many that don't that's the problem....makes for a mess really ..oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Not worth $10M+ a year
    I agree totally...let him go get over paid by someone else.

Goodness money is everything Cruz you will soon find out when you leave NY and land on a Cleveland team with no qb. Dumb just dumb. Steve Smith 2.0 for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Have you ever heard of Reese raising their initial offer once a contract offer has been made public?
    I know he negotiates and if you honestly believe Reese won't raise an offer, then nothing I could say will alter that.