Closed Thread
Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Fair Schmair. They will pay an amount that is the best interest of the New York Giants. If they can't agree, he will play for $2.8MM this year and test the market.
    It could be that he's worth less to us than he may to another team, so I don't buy into the notion that the FO will offer what's "fair".
    That's the same things as fair..... Schmair
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-04-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Not worth $10M+ a year
    +1. Revis has been looking for 15M+ per year every since the Raiders stupidly (but I repeat myself) gave Asomugha approximately that much. Just because the Chiefs stupidly gave Bowe that much per year, doesn't mean that the Giants should give him that much.

If this is TRULY what Cruz is looking for, then I trade him for whatever we can get for him. And quite frankly, I'd do the same with Nicks as well if that's what he, who is a great WR but too frequently injured, is looking for. There's no way in heck I'm locking so much money up in a WR.

Personally, I thought that we should have extended Cruz last year coming off of that 1,500+ yards that he put up in '11. 1,500 is never a fluke -- too many yards to be a fluke.

Veteran
    Amazing to me how the tone of the boards has changed on this. Initially was the fear of him getting a RFA offer the Giants couldn't possibly match and now its fear that the Giants will overpay to keep him. The 1 constant in all of these scenarios is the Giants still have and have always had the upper hand in these negotiations. Cruz only gets the upper hand if he plays out the contract has another good year and reaches UFA status. Even then only if the market thinks of him as a true #1 as opposed to a slot receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by yatitle View Post
    Amazing to me how the tone of the boards has changed on this. Initially was the fear of him getting a RFA offer the Giants couldn't possibly match and now its fear that the Giants will overpay to keep him. The 1 constant in all of these scenarios is the Giants still have and have always had the upper hand in these negotiations. Cruz only gets the upper hand if he plays out the contract has another good year and reaches UFA status. Even then only if the market thinks of him as a true #1 as opposed to a slot receiver.
    We fans just don't have a lot of patience to let the process, which we don't control, play out.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Just negotiations. They will meet somewhere around 8.5 per year with a lot guaranteed. You always start higher than what you are willing to take. Negotiating 101.

Quote Originally Posted by yatitle View Post
    Someone will pay him as a # 1 because his production is there. Cruz is an awesome talent, but I'm wary about giving that much money to one player outside of a QB who, if as good as Eli, will make almost double that.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Someone will pay him as a # 1 because his production is there. Cruz is an awesome talent, but I'm wary about giving that much money to one player outside of a QB who, if as good as Eli, will make almost double that.
    I agree with this
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Just negotiations. They will meet somewhere around 8.5 per year with a lot guaranteed. You always start higher than what you are willing to take. Negotiating 101.
    So simple, yet so misunderstood

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    That window is closing on April 19th.

# 80

Oakland will apparently have $69 million in cap space next off-season. If Cruz wants to test the market, he could easily wind up there.

Surely the threat of becoming a Raider would provide impetus to sign the extension.