Closed Thread
Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Condon is his agent, the $10M figure is being attached to his old agent even though no one really knows for sure what he was asking for nor does anyone really know what he is asking for through Condon.
    Explain to me condon vs jay z than because I heard he was represented by both. Who is real?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    These are negotiations between parties. Anything anyone tells a reporter has an agenda attached to it.
    These reports are to be dismissed out of hand.

But if you like...................Yes...because I say so.
    That's always been good enough for me!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Explain to me condon vs jay z than because I heard he was represented by both. Who is real?
    They are now partnered.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Personally I rather throw a lot more money to Hakeem Nicks than Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Please read this: Cruz fired his original agent to hire one who would "work more closely with the Giants." That turned out to be Tom Condon of powerhouse CAA. Today, it is reported, that Roc Nation is now AFFILIATED with CAA and Tom Condon will continue to represent Cruz's football interests while Roc Nation may or will handle his non-football interests.

The "former agent" demanding $10-11M was the agent prior to Condon.

No one really knows what the demand was before Condon and we sure don't know what it is with Condon. We do know Cruz tweeted yeaterday not to believe what we hear and I would guess that came after some news clown said they were going to press and wanted Victor to have something to say. Cruz had to say don't believe what you hear.

This is a typical contract negotiation, process wise. The only major differences are the amount of obscene money and the fact that's it's a one person contract.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-04-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I've reached the point where I'd be perfectly ok watching him go elsewhere. He is overvaluing himself in a big way, thanks no doubt to his new agents, who dont get paid unless he gets a new deal. I'd hate to see it, but to hell with this guy if thats how he's going to play it. There are far too many other needs on this team, and he simply is not worth $10+ mil a season. Save that money for Nicks and JPP. down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Cruz deserves whatever the market will bear.

/thread
    Absolutely, I really can't understand the Cruz hate on here. Any one of us in Cruz's shoes would seek a deal with maximum guaranteed money.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    I've reached the point where I'd be perfectly ok watching him go elsewhere. He is overvaluing himself in a big way, thanks no doubt to his new agents, who dont get paid unless he gets a new deal. I'd hate to see it, but to hell with this guy if thats how he's going to play it. There are far too many other needs on this team, and he simply is not worth $10+ mil a season. Save that money for Nicks and JPP. down the road.
    Cruz wanted a bigger deal before Condon or Jay Z.....
    what is so wrong about a guy wanting to cash in on an NFL career that may only be another several years or even shorter due to the ever present fact of getting injured...
    geeze...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You are saying what you believe, I get that. But what you, or I, believe and what is factual aren't always the same. Why won't he "get more dough" when John Mara has already opened that door? Why should be not wait until April 19th?

Suppose on April 17th, God forbid, a top 5 WR is taken out of the picture due to some off field incident. That team knows Cruz is RFA and puts in an offer sheet for $9.5M. How stupid would Condon look for simply not waiting?

As for what he's "demanding," We have never known what that figure is from any reliable source.
    + 1 !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Bowe is not worth $10 mil a year. I like you Cruz, but not at 10 mil a year either.

I know the Giants won't bite. Sorry Cruz.