Closed Thread
Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I'm officially on the "let Cruz play for 2.8 mil then seeee yaa" train. Enough of this greed! Was nice knowing ya Victor
    AMEN to that ! we have other positions to shore up, not worth THAT, let somebody else with deeper pockets pay that! B' BYE!

Dwayne Bowe was my favorite WR ever since Ja Marcus Russell was throwing to him @ LSU. To me he's been in the league for quite a while and deserves his pay. Cruz has been sensational but i wouldn't pay over 8 mil a season for him, as much as i love him.

Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    Absolutely, I really can't understand the Cruz hate on here. Any one of us in Cruz's shoes would seek a deal with maximum guaranteed money.
    but why get obscenely greedy about it? some of the players just get so high on them selves. maybe Cruz is thinking like Osi, gonna be player of the year too!

I wish people would stop overreacting and realize this is normal in a negotiation process. Cruz has handled himself with class on and off the field.

And to answer a previous poster I'll take Cruz over Plaxico in his prime. Plax's "routes" and constant push offs every route were cringe worthy. I'll take "alligator arms" every day of the week! With that said I don't think Cruz gets signed for more than 7-8 million with the Giants but I'm sure he can get more somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    but why get obscenely greedy about it? some of the players just get so high on them selves. maybe Cruz is thinking like Osi, gonna be player of the year too!
    What in the NFL isn't obscenely greedy?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How does he not deserve it?

Oh ..and deserve does not equal "get".
    Because he doesn't do the things that make a WR deserve $10m+ a year, namely dominate on the outside. He deserves a pay day, just not $10m+ big.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    "It's unclear exaclty what Jay-Z and Cruz's new representation will ask for, but we can bet they won't be handing out any discounts. Cruz appears to be seeking a similar contract to the five-year, $56 million deal Dwayne Bowe got from the Chiefs a month ago.

This is just media hype and speculation. While acknowledging they don't know, they will tell us anyway.
    Hmm, don't you think this is a pretty interesting turn of events? I am not sure if changing agents meant that Cruz was necessarily leaning towards working it out with the Giants current offer. I think all the speculations few weeks ago were blown to pieces. His agent did not become a rogue or something making decisions for Cruz he had no idea about which seemed so preposterous in the first place. Cruz knew exactly what he wanted and what he was looking for. He dropped his agent clearly to work with Jay Z and his new venture. If Cano could drop Scott Boras, then Cruz could easily drop whoever his agent was. I doubt we will get this guy at $6 million a year if he's been looking for $10 million all along. Considering Tom Condon was also the agent for Tony Romo who was rewarded with a $108 million contract for winning a single playoff, I bet he could make a better case for Cruz. The only good thing about it is that CAA has the history of getting extensions for the players for their current team, instead of going to free agency...just don't expect it to be at the price we want to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Because he doesn't do the things that make a WR deserve $10m+ a year, namely dominate on the outside. He deserves a pay day, just not $10m+ big.
    If you look at his salary the past two years, and compare it to his level of production, he in my opinion deserves it. Will he get it? Not from us.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Hmm, don't you think this is a pretty interesting turn of events? I am not sure if changing agents meant that Cruz was necessarily leaning towards working it out with the Giants current offer. I think all the speculations few weeks ago were blown to pieces. His agent did not become a rogue or something making decisions for Cruz he had no idea about which seemed so preposterous in the first place. Cruz knew exactly what he wanted and what he was looking for. He dropped his agent clearly to work with Jay Z and his new venture. If Cano could drop Scott Boras, then Cruz could easily drop whoever his agent was. I doubt we will get this guy at $6 million a year if he's been looking for $10 million all along. Considering Tom Condon was also the agent for Tony Romo who was rewarded with a $108 million contract for winning a single playoff, I bet he could make a better case for Cruz. The only good thing about it is that CAA has the history of getting extensions for the players for their current team, instead of going to free agency...just don't expect it to be at the price we want to keep him.
    Speculation is just that. Factually, the Giants, according to Steve Tisch, offered Cruz "more than Welker and Amendola." Most speculation put that in the $7M neighborhood. We know he changed agents and Tom Condon is now representing his football interests.

I'm not sure what you mean by "turn of events." CAA (TomCondon) and Roc Nation (Jay-Z) are affiliated. Do I think Cruz knew that when he changed agents? Of course he did.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    If you look at his salary the past two years, and compare it to his level of production, he in my opinion deserves it. Will he get it? Not from us.
    Paying a player for what he did in the past is a sure fire path to a terrible team.

Closed Thread