Closed Thread
Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Not worth $10M+ a year
    I like Cruz, but he isn't worth 10 mil a year lol

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Paying a player for what he did in the past is a sure fire path to a terrible team.
    Um..them what do you pay him based off of?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Speculation is just that. Factually, the Giants, according to Steve Tisch, offered Cruz "more than Welker and Amendola." Most speculation put that in the $7M neighborhood. We know he changed agents and Tom Condon is now representing his football interests.

I'm not sure what you mean by "turn of events." CAA (TomCondon) and Roc Nation (Jay-Z) are affiliated. Do I think Cruz knew that when he changed agents? Of course he did.
    I meant, Cruz knew exactly the money he was looking for. He did not drop his agent because he became rogue or anything, etc. etc. He wanted to test free agency because he's definitely not happy with the current Giants offer. And I doubt he changed agents mainly for the Giants benefit. It seems to me him and Cano will get Jay Z's new venture started, that's the bottom line...and he still wants his money. Let's take our blinders off. With CAA history of working their players to get extensions instead of becoming free agents, be prepared to open the wallet for Cruz. As I said Tom Condon just signed Tony Romo to a $108 million contract with that one playoff win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Um..them what do you pay him based off of?
    You pay him based upon his anticipated performance in the future, which of course you must use the past to predict. My point, though, is that you can't overpay the guy going forward to compensate for him being underpaid in the past.

Paying a player for what he did in the past is a sure fire path to a terrible team.
    Do you want to reword this? If that wasn't how the process worked, individual statistics would be meaningless and the teams could save a lot of salaries for people who keep track of that stuff.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-04-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

You pay him based upon his anticipated performance in the future, which of course you must use the past to predict. My point, though, is that you can't overpay the guy going forward to compensate for him being underpaid in the past.
    I never said he's getting that money from us, we don't have it and we are not paying him $10 million. Does he deserve it elsewhere? Yes.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Bench Player
    The guys saying "let him walk" are funny. This is his one shot at a lifetime security type contract, you can bet he's going to leverage for every extra penny. The NFL is a business after all it's said and done.

If I was him and saw what Bowe was making, you can bet I'd ask for close to that if not more. Cruz turned the SB winning season around in that Jets game, not to mention getting squarely in Belichick's head in the big game, allowing Nicks and Mario to do their things. What in the world has Bowe ever done?

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    I meant, Cruz knew exactly the money he was looking for. He did not drop his agent because he became rogue or anything, etc. etc. He wanted to test free agency because he's definitely not happy with the current Giants offer. And I doubt he changed agents mainly for the Giants benefit. It seems to me him and Cano will get Jay Z's new venture started, that's the bottom line...and he still wants his money. Let's take our blinders off. With CAA history of working their players to get extensions instead of becoming free agents, be prepared to open the wallet for Cruz. As I said Tom Condon just signed Tony Romo to a $108 million contract with that one playoff win.
    You are making a lot of assumptions that aren't based on any facts we have available to us. Do you agree Cruz has the right to negotiate his contract?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Do you want to reword this? If that wasn't how the process worked, individual statistics would be meaningless and the teams could save a lot of salaries for people who keep track of.
    I think he's absolutely right. You pay a player for what you think he WILL DO for you in the future. You don't reward him for past success unless you think he'll continue to do it.
    Obviously, past performance can indicate future success, but they don't pay a player for past performance.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think he's absolutely right. You pay a player for what you think he WILL DO for you in the future. You don't reward him for past success unless you think he'll continue to do it.
    Obviously, past performance can indicate future success, but they don't pay a player for past performance.
    You base his potential on his past performance.

# 80

Closed Thread