Closed Thread
Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 639

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

  1. #201
    Veteran JPP=BEASTMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boise ID
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Not worth $10M+ a year
    I like Cruz, but he isn't worth 10 mil a year lol

  2. #202
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,433
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Paying a player for what he did in the past is a sure fire path to a terrible team.
    Um..them what do you pay him based off of?

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Speculation is just that. Factually, the Giants, according to Steve Tisch, offered Cruz "more than Welker and Amendola." Most speculation put that in the $7M neighborhood. We know he changed agents and Tom Condon is now representing his football interests.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "turn of events." CAA (TomCondon) and Roc Nation (Jay-Z) are affiliated. Do I think Cruz knew that when he changed agents? Of course he did.
    I meant, Cruz knew exactly the money he was looking for. He did not drop his agent because he became rogue or anything, etc. etc. He wanted to test free agency because he's definitely not happy with the current Giants offer. And I doubt he changed agents mainly for the Giants benefit. It seems to me him and Cano will get Jay Z's new venture started, that's the bottom line...and he still wants his money. Let's take our blinders off. With CAA history of working their players to get extensions instead of becoming free agents, be prepared to open the wallet for Cruz. As I said Tom Condon just signed Tony Romo to a $108 million contract with that one playoff win.

  4. #204
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Um..them what do you pay him based off of?
    You pay him based upon his anticipated performance in the future, which of course you must use the past to predict. My point, though, is that you can't overpay the guy going forward to compensate for him being underpaid in the past.

  5. #205
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,600
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Paying a player for what he did in the past is a sure fire path to a terrible team.
    Do you want to reword this? If that wasn't how the process worked, individual statistics would be meaningless and the teams could save a lot of salaries for people who keep track of that stuff.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-04-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  6. #206
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,433
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You pay him based upon his anticipated performance in the future, which of course you must use the past to predict. My point, though, is that you can't overpay the guy going forward to compensate for him being underpaid in the past.
    I never said he's getting that money from us, we don't have it and we are not paying him $10 million. Does he deserve it elsewhere? Yes.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  7. #207
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11
    The guys saying "let him walk" are funny. This is his one shot at a lifetime security type contract, you can bet he's going to leverage for every extra penny. The NFL is a business after all it's said and done.

    If I was him and saw what Bowe was making, you can bet I'd ask for close to that if not more. Cruz turned the SB winning season around in that Jets game, not to mention getting squarely in Belichick's head in the big game, allowing Nicks and Mario to do their things. What in the world has Bowe ever done?

  8. #208
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,600
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    I meant, Cruz knew exactly the money he was looking for. He did not drop his agent because he became rogue or anything, etc. etc. He wanted to test free agency because he's definitely not happy with the current Giants offer. And I doubt he changed agents mainly for the Giants benefit. It seems to me him and Cano will get Jay Z's new venture started, that's the bottom line...and he still wants his money. Let's take our blinders off. With CAA history of working their players to get extensions instead of becoming free agents, be prepared to open the wallet for Cruz. As I said Tom Condon just signed Tony Romo to a $108 million contract with that one playoff win.
    You are making a lot of assumptions that aren't based on any facts we have available to us. Do you agree Cruz has the right to negotiate his contract?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  9. #209
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Do you want to reword this? If that wasn't how the process worked, individual statistics would be meaningless and the teams could save a lot of salaries for people who keep track of.
    I think he's absolutely right. You pay a player for what you think he WILL DO for you in the future. You don't reward him for past success unless you think he'll continue to do it.
    Obviously, past performance can indicate future success, but they don't pay a player for past performance.
    Get well soon 80.

  10. #210
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think he's absolutely right. You pay a player for what you think he WILL DO for you in the future. You don't reward him for past success unless you think he'll continue to do it.
    Obviously, past performance can indicate future success, but they don't pay a player for past performance.
    You base his potential on his past performance.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts