Closed Thread
Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You base his potential on his past performance.
    As I said, past performance can be an indicator of future play, but you don't merely pay a guy for what he did in the past. The ONLY consideration, is what you think he'll do in the future.
    I think this was his point.
    Get well soon 80.

Basing someones production on future production is just as risky, if not riskier. You would STILL have to look at past production to make a guess on future production.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    If he doesn't budge, let him salsa for the Chiefs after next year where no one will see. 8 mil is about right for his age and the going market. I've long gotten over the notion of this team losing receivers. Time to make someone else a household name.

You are making a lot of assumptions that aren't based on any facts we have available to us. Do you agree Cruz has the right to negotiate his contract?
    Fact is Cruz knows how much he wants and it's not what the Giants are offering. Cruz wants to test free agency because the fact is he does not agree with the Giants offer. That speculation why he dropped his agent is getting pretty clear right now. If Cano could drop Scott Boras for Jay Z's new venture, Cruz could clearly do the same. Tom Condon is no slob either, considering he represents the Manning brothers, Drew Brees and Tony Romo. Those guys clearly did not get peanuts on their contracts. Be prepared to pay more than $7 million for Cruz...and when this is all said and done, I'm not sure I'll be happy with the final number, though we may end up keeping him. I think the offer in the table is a very fair offer, with $21 million guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    As I said, past performance can be an indicator of future play, but you don't merely pay a guy for what he did in the past. The ONLY consideration, is what you think he'll do in the future.
    I think this was his point.
    OK, but why are we always *****ing about "so-and-so" is overpaid three years into his five year contract? I think it's because he didn't live up to his past performance. Silly me
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Fact is Cruz knows how much he wants and it's not what the Giants are offering. Cruz wants to test free agency because the fact is he does not agree with the Giants offer. That speculation why he dropped his agent is getting pretty clear right now. If Cano could drop Scott Boras for Jay Z's new venture, Cruz could clearly do the same. Tom Condon is no slob either, considering he represents the Manning brothers, Drew Brees and Tony Romo. Those guys clearly did not get peanuts on their contracts. Be prepared to pay more than $7 million for Cruz...and when this is all said and done, I'm not sure I'll be happy with the final number, though we may end up keeping him. I think the offer in the table is a very fair offer, with $21 million guaranteed.

I'm not prepared top pay Cruz a dime, but I have said Reese will go to $8M +/-
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I'm not prepared top pay Cruz a dime, but I have said Reese will go to $8M +/-
    Yeah, not happy with $8 million. I still think Welker should be the base salary, so he should get around $6 million, so $7 million is actually a very fair one in my opinion.

Yeah, not happy with $8 million. I still think Welker should be the base salary, so he should get around $6 million, so $7 million is actually a very fair one in my opinion.
    Cruz has more potential than Welker and isn't just a slot receiver and yes I know I am in the minority on both of those sisues

# 80

Cruz has more potential than Welker and isn't just a slot receiver and yes I know I am in the minority on both of those sisues
    Yeah $1 million more.

Yeah $1 million more.
    Which is what the Giants offered so another $1M is very realistic

# 80

Closed Thread