Closed Thread
Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Which is what the Giants offered so another $1M is very realistic
    We still have to sign Nicks and JPP in the near future and who knows some other breakout star. $7m is a very fair offer. If $8m is the magic number, why couldn't they have worked that out in all these months of negotiations? I believe the Giants made the fair offer at $7m.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    We still have to sign Nicks and JPP in the near future and who knows some other breakout star. $7m is a very fair offer. If $8m is the magic number, why couldn't they have worked that out in all these months of negotiations? I believe the Giants made the fair offer at $7m.
    Our CAP space after 2013 is much more favorable to being able to sign Nicks and JPP. All of these one year signings of late are part of that strategy. We are never going to agree on the $8M. Call it a draw.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    but why get obscenely greedy about it? some of the players just get so high on them selves. maybe Cruz is thinking like Osi, gonna be player of the year too!
    Cruz is worth whatever a team will pay. It's not Cruz's fault the market for his skills is what it is. How about you, would you want to win 30 million or 20 million in the lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    Cruz is worth whatever a team will pay. It's not Cruz's fault the market for his skills is what it is. How about you, would you want to win 30 million or 20 million in the lottery?
    Not me, I'd be happy with $1M to live where I do now
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    If you look at his salary the past two years, and compare it to his level of production, he in my opinion deserves it. Will he get it? Not from us.
    His salary the past two seasons is irrelevant, as he was getting paid that for being a UDFA (much of which was his own doing).

Either way, if you are a WR and want $10m+ a year, you need to dominate on the outside. Cruz does not do that. He's good on the outside, but not special. In the slot he's special. Hell, $8m/year is very high for the slot, considering the other 2 premier slot guys got $6m/yr contracts.

You base his potential on his past performance.
    Right. But, that is different than paying some for past performance. For instance, Cruz. We won't give him more than we think he's worth simply because he had 2 great seasons while making a minimum salary. The FO will use those 2 seasons to establish what they believe is a fair market value for him, but won't give him extra because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    His salary the past two seasons is irrelevant, as he was getting paid that for being a UDFA (much of which was his own doing). Either way, if you are a WR and want $10m+ a year, you need to dominate on the outside. Cruz does not do that. He's good on the outside, but not special. In the slot he's special. Hell, $8m/year is very high for the slot, considering the other 2 premier slot guys got $6m/yr contracts.
    An UDFA who deserves money for putting up great numbers for only being a "slot" guy.

Right. But, that is different than paying some for past performance. For instance, Cruz. We won't give him more than we think he's worth simply because he had 2 great seasons while making a minimum salary. The FO will use those 2 seasons to establish what they believe is a fair market value for him, but won't give him extra because of it.
    I never mentioned his prior contract which is irrelevant to a new contract. I am saying his past performance will have a lot to do with his potential moving forward.

I never mentioned his prior contract which is irrelevant to a new contract. I am saying his past performance will have a lot to do with his potential moving forward.
    Then you misunderstood the original post, which suggested that Cruz deserved more because​ he made so little earlier.

Then you misunderstood the original post, which suggested that Cruz deserved more because​ he made so little earlier.
    I think he deserves $8M +/- based on his performance and potential

Closed Thread