Closed Thread
Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    An UDFA who deserves money for putting up great numbers for only being a "slot" guy.
    He deserves a new contract, but not anything more than what is market value for a slot guy. He isn't going to get, nor should get, any extra money simply because he wasn't making much as a UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Do you want to reword this? If that wasn't how the process worked, individual statistics would be meaningless and the teams could save a lot of salaries for people who keep track of that stuff.
    It actually did seem clearer in my head than it does in my post!

You obviously have to look at past performance to try to predict future performance, but you can't pay a guy more for future performance because you think he was underpaid in the past.

An analagous situation is when fans want to reward an all-time great player for past performance. For example, Bears fans wanted to meet Uhrlacher's asking price because he has been such a great Bear and he "deserves" it. But his projected future performance is only worth a one year $2M deal, and that's what the Bears offered him. That's why he's on the street now.

I think he deserves $8M +/- based on his performance and potential
    I agree with that. However, I do not agree with giving him more than that because he outperformed his old contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Then you misunderstood the original post, which suggested that Cruz deserved more because​ he made so little earlier.
    I'm confused, the OP has to do with Bowe's numbers.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He deserves a new contract, but not anything more than what is market value for a slot guy. He isn't going to get, nor should get, any extra money simply because he wasn't making much as a UDFA.
    Well I was simply implying that he deserves to get paid. Maybe not $10 million from us persay, but yeah.

MUCH better.

I'm confused, the OP has to do with Bowe's numbers.
    I should have rather said, the original reply that spawned this line of discussion.

I should have rather said, the original reply that spawned this line of discussion.
    Tomorrow, I'm going to the County Court Clerk to change my middle name to Confused
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    We just got rid of a diva...don't need another one blooming. Bye Cruz! Make us an offer Rams...

The Giants make an offer and Cruz's side will make a counter offer....
    They will ultimatley meet somewhere in the middle of the two sides ideals.
    WTF is so hard to understand about that????
    Its how negotiations are done.........
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    We just got rid of a diva...don't need another one blooming. Bye Cruz! Make us an offer Rams...
    yeah Cruz is a diva,.......please
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Closed Thread