Closed Thread
Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Nicks will be asking for more no matter what Cruz does.
    nicks is going to have problems getting more as well. he better show he can play a healthy 16 games or pretty darn close. no way they pay "#1" money to him with out this.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    nicks is going to have problems getting more as well. he better show he can play a healthy 16 games or pretty darn close. no way they pay "#1" money to him with out this.
    Let's forget the contract for a moment. Suppose Cruz is the most productive receiver for Eli for the third year in a row? Which receiver is the one to keep if you can only keep one? Granted, we don't know what Randle of the others might do to alter things, but of the two, who would you be more inclined to keep?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I hope this is all media speculation because in reality, nobody knows what Victor Cruz wants. I hope he will play for what we offered him. No reason to be greedy if you already have a TON of endorsement money.
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

Let's forget the contract for a moment. Suppose Cruz is the most productive receiver for Eli for the third year in a row? Which receiver is the one to keep if you can only keep one? Granted, we don't know what Randle of the others might do to alter things, but of the two, who would you be more inclined to keep?
    lol..I just said the same thing in the draft section. it is quite the conundrum. cruz,,only because of the injury factor,,but I admit it would kill me to let either go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
    I hope this is all media speculation because in reality, nobody knows what Victor Cruz wants. I hope he will play for what we offered him. No reason to be greedy if you already have a TON of endorsement money.
    You have to separate the football finances from the non-football finances. Do you think they short changed Eli because of his endorsements?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

lol..I just said the same thing in the draft section. it is quite the conundrum. cruz,,only because of the injury factor,,but I admit it would kill me to let either go.
    I try to stay away from the numbering of players and just look at performance. I honestly don't think it has to be "either/or." The organization wants to contend and having Eli, Nicks, and Cruz on the team gives us a better chance than not. Reese is making moves now to to make future CAP space available. But I would bet he's looking to see which receiver of the two is the more productive, among other things, in 2013 to have some additional leverage over one of them

You have to separate the football finances from the non-football finances. Do you think they short changed Eli because of his endorsements?
    Don't you think $21 mil. guaranteed is more than fair for a slot receiver? I expected the "long term deal" to be longer, but we know how that turned out. As soon as Amendola and Welker got paid, I expected Cruz to bite. Apparently we're using the wrong kind of bait.
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
    Don't you think $21 mil. guaranteed is more than fair for a slot receiver? I expected the "long term deal" to be longer, but we know how that turned out. As soon as Amendola and Welker got paid, I expected Cruz to bite. Apparently we're using the wrong kind of bait.
    I don't know that's the actual number on the guarantee. But we are making a lot of assumptions with very little factual information. What matters in the end is the agreed upon terms of the contract. If, as everyone here says, including me, Reese won't overpay, what are we all worrying a bout?

I try to stay away from the numbering of players and just look at performance. I honestly don't think it has to be "either/or." The organization wants to contend and having Eli, Nicks, and Cruz on the team gives us a better chance than not. Reese is making moves now to to make future CAP space available. But I would bet he's looking to see which receiver of the two is the more productive, among other things, in 2013 to have some additional leverage over one of them
    good point,,I would have to say that guy very well could be nicks if he gets bitten by the injury bug again. cruz is very durable and productive, a good problem to have. Having them both would be sweet.

good point,,I would have to say that guy very well could be nicks if he gets bitten by the injury bug again. cruz is very durable and productive, a good problem to have. Having them both would be sweet.
    I obviously don't know the answer. BUT, if I were Reese, that would be something I'd want to see before I cut either of them loose. Let's also suppose they both have better than average seasons with Nicks playing in every game. If we have already signed Cruz long term in 2013, we can also sign Nicks in 2014