Closed Thread
Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    There is no team in the off-season for a primadonna.
    fyp

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    But at what point does the loss of his services, for however many games, figure into how much they'll cough up for Nicks? And, yes, the same logic applies to Cruz's drops. That's what I see as each players biggest negatives.
    I think a big problem was Nicks coming back early and not giving his injuries enough time to heal. He is so important to this offense that he often plays hurt.

Cruz' does have a lot of drops but slot receivers usually do. However, I wish he get them under control. More of a concern is his short arming after the legal hit by Ryan Clarke in the game against Pittsburgh Steelers. Victor short armed it for a while after that. Now, of course you can't fault the guy for human nature but for the money that he is expecting to get, shoprt arming on regular or even prolonged basis is not an option. I really don't want to see us pay 10-11 million a year for a guy that should be getting in the 6-6.5 million per year range that is going to short arm passes. Heck, at 6-6.5 million per year, he should control the short arming.

Hakeem Nicks doesn't short arm it and is a very, very physical receiver. He exploded in 2011 post season and gave one of The Best postseason performances by a WR ever in post season. The guy reminds me a lot of Michael Irwin and I don't think there is any doubt that Hakeem Nicks is our #1 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    "It's unclear exaclty what Jay-Z and Cruz's new representation will ask for, but we can bet they won't be handing out any discounts. Cruz appears to be seeking a similar contract to the five-year, $56 million deal Dwayne Bowe got from the Chiefs a month ago.

This is just media hype and speculation. While acknowledging they don't know, they will tell us anyway.

Frankly speaking......... I'm with the group who say let him play for 2.8 this year and then adios. The kid is good, but he still drops too many balls to be considered an elite WR at this point in time. I'm sorry, but he's not worth 10 mil a year!

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    fyp
    Do you have an actual argument or was that it?

fyp - fixed your post

17 pages of misconception, speculation and mis-placed anger... God I love this board!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Bench Player
    So first off let me say I'm a huge fan of Victor Cruz. Just like most people on these boards are, but I think overpaying him would be a mistake. I think that if he is asking for 10-11 million per season and refuses to come down to a reasonable amount he needs to be traded after he signs his tender. Would it be nice to have him this season? Yes.. If you're not going to get anything for him though that's a bit of a waste. I'd rather sign Edelman and run with Nicks, Randle, and Edelman and get some draft picks for Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    17 pages of misconception, speculation and mis-placed anger... God I love this board!!
    Misconception, speculation and misplaced anger........three of my favorite things!!!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That is the absolute worst way to look at player salaries, lol.

Why is that? It paints a pretty clear picture of what the team values - or so it should.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    didn't see this coming lol

the i in team kinda guy
    You don't mean that
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Closed Thread