Closed Thread
Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't let facts get in your way
    yeah ,your're right, gotta not get sucked into the hype, guess we will just have to see how this plays out!

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    yeah ,your're right, gotta not get sucked into the hype, guess we will just have to see how this plays out!
    When did Cruz "turn down" the Giants' offer?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I though they offered 7 mil plus guaranteed money, and he now wants 11 mil? or was that spec also? this is hard to follow!:LOL!

http://www.giantexile.com/keeping-victor-cruz i was assuming , I guess. sounded like this was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    I though they offered 7 mil plus guaranteed money? or was that spec also? this is hard to follow!:LOL!
    According to John Mara and Steve Tisch, he was offered a long term contract which is probably in the $7M range. We don't know anything else because no one who is involved in the negotiations has publicly said anything else about it.

We also know Cruz changed agents and is now represented by Tom Condon, of CAA which is now affiliated with Roc Nation (Jay-Z). This change in football agents was said to be a good thing by John Mara who suggested Cruz's old agent was impossible to work with.

None of us knows how this will end, but everyone involved, Cruz and several members of the organization, have said they want to work this out. Contract negotiations are, by design, back and forth processes. Offers and counteroffers are the norm.

An analogy most of us have dealt with is a new car purchase. We see the car we want, take a test drive, and then do we pay the sticker price? No, we don't (hopefully). So we say I'm not paying THAT, but I will pay this and the negotiation process begins. The initial offer of the car manufacturer is known to be cosmetic and inflated yet there it is, on the sticker.

We know we're not going to pay that sticker price, they know we're not going to pay that. But what we are willing to pay isn't going to work either (for them) so they come down and we come up. It's how the process works and that's exactly how contract negotiations work. EVERYONE wants to win and that's where Jerry Reese and Tom Condon make their money and their reputations.

I say let them work it out and ***** about the published end result if we don't like it, not the speculation we're being treated to courtesy of the media.

Don't expect anything to happen before the offer sheet deadline on 4/19/2013
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-05-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Don't let facts get in your way
    Which facts are we talking about? The one where he did not accept the Giants offer?

I say let them work it out and ***** about the published end result if we don't like it, not the speculation we're being treated to courtesy of the media.

Don't expect anything to happen before the offer sheet deadline on 4/19/2013
    I say when there is smoke, there is fire. Not everything is a rumor just because there is no official statement, by the way. These people have sources, and usually credible sources esp. in sports where they develop close relationships with people they are covering. It's like that "Decision" debacle where it leaked out who Lebron was choosing even days before the scheduled live decision. Not everything is idle gossip you just want to brush off.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    I say when there is smoke, there is fire. Not everything is a rumor just because there is no official statement, by the way. These people have sources, and usually credible sources esp. in sports where they develop close relationships with people they are covering. It's like that "Decision" debacle where it leaked out who Lebron was choosing even days before the scheduled live decision. Not everything is idle gossip you just want to brush off.
    I was just about to say this. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    We can agree to disagree

We can agree to disagree
    So you are saying that there was no truth about Lance Armstrong steroid use the whole entire time that he was being accused of it while he kept denying it, right? The whole entire time those were just unfounded rumors and all the accusers were liars until he came clean and admitted it. Must everyone have to admit the truth or make an official statement to not have this speculation just be an idle gossip? That's what unnamed sources are for.