Closed Thread
Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 639
  1. #431
    All-Pro bansaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    This message board used to be a fun place, but that was before the homers went out of control.

    That ought to keep people busy for awhile.
    long long ago unfortunately

  2. #432
    Veteran bklyn1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Fl
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I'm officially on the "let Cruz play for 2.8 mil then seeee yaa" train. Enough of this greed! Was nice knowing ya Victor

    +1
    Hallelueh.....Amen....and Adios Muchacho

    Not one man does a team make......I would LOVE to see how many yards he gets with someone other than Eli....not saying he isn't talented....it is obvious he is.....but come on.....enough is enough....he thinks he's welker and nicks rolled into one.
    I miss Red Hook!

  3. #433
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,613
    Quote Originally Posted by bklyn1028 View Post
    +1
    Hallelueh.....Amen....and Adios Muchacho

    Not one man does a team make......I would LOVE to see how many yards he gets with someone other than Eli....not saying he isn't talented....it is obvious he is.....but come on.....enough is enough....he thinks he's welker and nicks rolled into one.
    Please provide us with a link where Cruz said any of this.

    Good Lord.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  4. #434
    I love Victor Cruz!! But, that said, I don't know of any slot reciever that has that kind of a contract! Let's remember that Cruz is a monster in the slot when he has a good #1 Nicks, and a good #2 Randle, but, also, he was less than terrific when he was the #1 guy when Nicks went down! Again, a great slot but not big or fast enough to handle the double coverage that a #1 gets!!!! I think the $7M per year offer was fair, maybe a little better than fair. Lets wait and see what team will come forward with the outrageous bucks? I think none.

  5. #435
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,613
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal1giant View Post
    I love Victor Cruz!! But, that said, I don't know of any slot reciever that has that kind of a contract! Let's remember that Cruz is a monster in the slot when he has a good #1 Nicks, and a good #2 Randle, but, also, he was less than terrific when he was the #1 guy when Nicks went down! Again, a great slot but not big or fast enough to handle the double coverage that a #1 gets!!!! I think the $7M per year offer was fair, maybe a little better than fair. Lets wait and see what team will come forward with the outrageous bucks? I think none.
    Exactly....no one will. So everyone needs to stop with all the Cruz hate since he will sign the best deal he's been offered.....by the Giants.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  6. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal1giant View Post
    I love Victor Cruz!! But, that said, I don't know of any slot reciever that has that kind of a contract! Let's remember that Cruz is a monster in the slot when he has a good #1 Nicks, and a good #2 Randle, but, also, he was less than terrific when he was the #1 guy when Nicks went down! Again, a great slot but not big or fast enough to handle the double coverage that a #1 gets!!!! I think the $7M per year offer was fair, maybe a little better than fair. Lets wait and see what team will come forward with the outrageous bucks? I think none.
    Seems everyone in the NFL has a realistic perspective of VC. Giants fans on this board, not so much. You'd think he'd already made it to the HOF. I must say it seems the group is growing on here that realize old Victor ain't God's gift of WR. He's a talented cat, but not one to break the bank on by any stretch of the imagination.

  7. #437
    Hard to argue that when he had better numbers then Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe for the last 2 seasons...who are we to say he is not worth the same as they are and he is a Pro Bowl Receiver, I don't think Wallace or Bowe made the Pro Bowl last season

    So I don't blame Cruz for asking just as much as them!

    That being said...no damn way we should give him that amount of money, I am high on Rueben Randle, I was a big fan of his at LSU and I absolutely loved that pick when the Giants selected him in last years draft, I think he could step in for Cruz and do just as well and at a much cheaper salary...I say focus on re-signing Nicks and maybe draft another young receiver to be prepared to move on without Cruz in 2014


  8. #438
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    60
    The giants are insane if they pay 10-11m a year to any receiver with Eli playing QB. I am pretty sure Mara and Tisch are quite sane so this is never going to happen.

  9. #439
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Hard to argue that when he had better numbers then Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe for the last 2 seasons...who are we to say he is not worth the same as they are and he is a Pro Bowl Receiver, I don't think Wallace or Bowe made the Pro Bowl last season

    So I don't blame Cruz for asking just as much as them!

    That being said...no damn way we should give him that amount of money, I am high on Rueben Randle, I was a big fan of his at LSU and I absolutely loved that pick when the Giants selected him in last years draft, I think he could step in for Cruz and do just as well and at a much cheaper salary...I say focus on re-signing Nicks and maybe draft another young receiver to be prepared to move on without Cruz in 2014
    I don't think that it is a recipe for success to value players based off of a market established by the Dolphins and Chiefs.

  10. #440
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,950
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I'm tired of all the Cruz conjecture, plus there's nothing like a good argument about the messiah.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts