Closed Thread
Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    This message board used to be a fun place, but that was before the homers went out of control.

That ought to keep people busy for awhile.
    long long ago unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I'm officially on the "let Cruz play for 2.8 mil then seeee yaa" train. Enough of this greed! Was nice knowing ya Victor

+1
    Hallelueh.....Amen....and Adios Muchacho

Not one man does a team make......I would LOVE to see how many yards he gets with someone other than Eli....not saying he isn't talented....it is obvious he is.....but come on.....enough is enough....he thinks he's welker and nicks rolled into one.
    I miss Red Hook!

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn1028 View Post
    +1
    Hallelueh.....Amen....and Adios Muchacho

Not one man does a team make......I would LOVE to see how many yards he gets with someone other than Eli....not saying he isn't talented....it is obvious he is.....but come on.....enough is enough....he thinks he's welker and nicks rolled into one.
    Please provide us with a link where Cruz said any of this.

Good Lord.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

I love Victor Cruz!! But, that said, I don't know of any slot reciever that has that kind of a contract! Let's remember that Cruz is a monster in the slot when he has a good #1 Nicks, and a good #2 Randle, but, also, he was less than terrific when he was the #1 guy when Nicks went down! Again, a great slot but not big or fast enough to handle the double coverage that a #1 gets!!!! I think the $7M per year offer was fair, maybe a little better than fair. Lets wait and see what team will come forward with the outrageous bucks? I think none.

Quote Originally Posted by bigal1giant View Post
    I love Victor Cruz!! But, that said, I don't know of any slot reciever that has that kind of a contract! Let's remember that Cruz is a monster in the slot when he has a good #1 Nicks, and a good #2 Randle, but, also, he was less than terrific when he was the #1 guy when Nicks went down! Again, a great slot but not big or fast enough to handle the double coverage that a #1 gets!!!! I think the $7M per year offer was fair, maybe a little better than fair. Lets wait and see what team will come forward with the outrageous bucks? I think none.
    Exactly....no one will. So everyone needs to stop with all the Cruz hate since he will sign the best deal he's been offered.....by the Giants.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by bigal1giant View Post
    Seems everyone in the NFL has a realistic perspective of VC. Giants fans on this board, not so much. You'd think he'd already made it to the HOF. I must say it seems the group is growing on here that realize old Victor ain't God's gift of WR. He's a talented cat, but not one to break the bank on by any stretch of the imagination.

Hard to argue that when he had better numbers then Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe for the last 2 seasons...who are we to say he is not worth the same as they are and he is a Pro Bowl Receiver, I don't think Wallace or Bowe made the Pro Bowl last season

So I don't blame Cruz for asking just as much as them!

That being said...no damn way we should give him that amount of money, I am high on Rueben Randle, I was a big fan of his at LSU and I absolutely loved that pick when the Giants selected him in last years draft, I think he could step in for Cruz and do just as well and at a much cheaper salary...I say focus on re-signing Nicks and maybe draft another young receiver to be prepared to move on without Cruz in 2014

Bench Player
    The giants are insane if they pay 10-11m a year to any receiver with Eli playing QB. I am pretty sure Mara and Tisch are quite sane so this is never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Hard to argue that when he had better numbers then Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe for the last 2 seasons...who are we to say he is not worth the same as they are and he is a Pro Bowl Receiver, I don't think Wallace or Bowe made the Pro Bowl last season

So I don't blame Cruz for asking just as much as them!

That being said...no damn way we should give him that amount of money, I am high on Rueben Randle, I was a big fan of his at LSU and I absolutely loved that pick when the Giants selected him in last years draft, I think he could step in for Cruz and do just as well and at a much cheaper salary...I say focus on re-signing Nicks and maybe draft another young receiver to be prepared to move on without Cruz in 2014
    I don't think that it is a recipe for success to value players based off of a market established by the Dolphins and Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I'm tired of all the Cruz conjecture, plus there's nothing like a good argument about the messiah.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.