Closed Thread
Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Oh, I absolutely do understand.....trade him now, or he plays one year and leaves anyway. Reese is not stupid, and he will get something for Cruz before he leaves. He might trade after the draft for a 2014 first round pick, but entering the season without Cruz signed long- term will not happen....the Giants will trade him first, even if that means a 2nd round pick, instead of a 1st round pick.
    Can you trade a player not under contract?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why is he greedy?
    Ok,greedy is a little strong.I dont blame him for trying to get all the money he can,but when you see guys taking a paycut and stuff for the bigger picture,maybe its not a good idea to 'demand' or asking more money.I still think the 7 mil deal is good.Cruz has to know the giants are cap tight,and they are doing everything they can to sign him.10 mil a year,,,im against that.
    '"Respect All,Fear none''

Quote Originally Posted by Greatone80 View Post
    Ok,greedy is a little strong.I dont blame him for trying to get all the money he can,but when you see guys taking a paycut and stuff for the bigger picture,maybe its not a good idea to 'demand' or asking more money.I still think the 7 mil deal is good.Cruz has to know the giants are cap tight,and they are doing everything they can to sign him.10 mil a year,,,im against that.
    At the risk of redundancy, it's a typical contract negotiation. Nothing has "happened", except for knowing the Giants' offers is in the $7M neighborhood, we don't know what Cruz is "demanding" and we never have. But he has the right to negotiate the best deal he can as does every other player in the NFL. It doesn't matter what he's asking for, it doesn't matter what the Giants' offer is. What matters is what they agree on an d we seem to not be there yet and we won't be before April 19th.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

At the risk of redundancy, it's a typical contract negotiation. Nothing has "happened", except for knowing the Giants' offers is in the $7M neighborhood, we don't know what Cruz is "demanding" and we never have. But he has the right to negotiate the best deal he can as does every other player in the NFL. It doesn't matter what he's asking for, it doesn't matter what the Giants' offer is. What matters is what they agree on an d we seem to not be there yet and we won't be before April 19th.
    You know,thanks.Your words make sense,im just sick of the whole thing and miss football.I hate to see the giants overpay for him,leaving us nothing,but hate more to see the guy leave too.Its fustrating.Good luck reese.
    '"Respect All,Fear none''

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Oh, I absolutely do understand.....trade him now, or he plays one year and leaves anyway. Reese is not stupid, and he will get something for Cruz before he leaves. He might trade after the draft for a 2014 first round pick, but entering the season without Cruz signed long- term will not happen....the Giants will trade him first, even if that means a 2nd round pick, instead of a 1st round pick.
    You are completely delusional.

Cruz has very little leverage now, and will have ZERO leverage after the 19th. It would be foolish to play for the tendered amount and risk getting nothing if he gets injured. After the 19th Cruz will sign his new contract with the Giants.

After his first Salsa dance in the endzone, all of the idiotic "Cruz is greedy" posters will finally shut up.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

To be clear....the players that are "taking paycuts" are doing so to save from being cut. It has nothing to do with any "bigger picture" nonsense.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

You know,thanks.Your words make sense,im just sick of the whole thing and miss football.I hate to see the giants overpay for him,leaving us nothing,but hate more to see the guy leave too.Its fustrating.Good luck reese.
    Until we actually know something, it might just be best to let the process handle itself. Reese and Condon are two of the best in the business and if anyone can get a deal done, it's them. Mara and Tisch have said having Codon on board as Cruz's agent was a positive sign, let's keep good thoughts until we have a reason to know otherwise. If they can't agree on a long term deal now, John Mara has already said they will continue to work on that during the season. There are risks doing that on both sides, but far more on Cruz's side.

If anyone is worried that Reese will overpay, they can stop worrying.

Until we actually know something, it might just be best to let the process handle itself. Reese and Condon are two of the best in the business and if anyone can get a deal done, it's them. Mara and Tisch have said having Codon on board as Cruz's agent was a positive sign, let's keep good thoughts until we have a reason to know otherwise. If they can't agree on a long term deal now, John Mara has already said they will continue to work on that during the season. There are risks doing that on both sides, but far more on Cruz's side.

If anyone is worried that Reese will overpay, they can stop worrying.
    lol....I love you RF. But "keeping good thoughts until we reasons to know otherwise" is a VERY tall order for this board. We LOVE going off half-****ed on nothing more than a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    lol....I love you RF. But "keeping good thoughts until we reasons to know otherwise" is a VERY tall order for this board. We LOVE going off half-****ed on nothing more than a rumor.
    I know, I was trying to cheer me up. Some of our colleagues must think Dewey was elected

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You are talking about ball placement for Cruz to make the catch. I'm talking about what Cruz decides to do afterward that leads to YAC. For example, in Cruz' first game against the Eagles, Cruz breaks not one, but two tackles. That has to do with shiftiness and the ability to break tackles..not ball placement.
    Didn't you know that it's Eli's ball placement that allows Cruz to best utilize his shiftiness?
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905