Closed Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why is he greedy?
    Cause he wants too much money more than he is worth. He knows Nicks was hurt and the Giants have other needs. He doesn't need 10 to 11 mil. If he gets that then he has to pay other players that complement him like the O-line other receivers and even the defense. Now if he was asking for about 5 to 6 mil, then that is ok cause that should be in his range. Football is a team sport. Cruz play have to over shadow the other needs and he didn't do that last year.

I don't care what MM did with the 49ers. Smith wasn't that good of a passer. With MM playin some, Nicks healthy and Cruz not being a known talent and along with some lucky passes gone his way in 011, Cruz had 15 hundred yards. Yet what happened when Nicks was hurt and MM was gone? Cruz did little. Forget those 10 tds. Some of those were against weak opponents but he did nothing when we needed him most. If Nicks does not get back to being a big threat and the other receivers don't step up, our offense could be in big trouble. You gots to count for the Falcon game when Cruz did nothing. What happened when we needed him against the Bengals? If he would did something special in at least one of those games I have mentioned, then give the man the money. Yet 5 mil is right for what he did for two seasons.

He would be greedy if he is asking for the money in the double digit millions.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 04-07-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: n

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Cause he wants too much money more than he is worth. He knows Nicks was hurt and the Giants have other needs. He doesn't need 10 to 11 mil. If he gets that then he has to pay other players that complement him like the O-line other receivers and even the defense. Now if he was asking for about 5 to 6 mil, then that is ok cause that should be in his range. Football is a team sport. Cruz play have to over shadow the other needs and he didn't do that last year.

I don't care what MM did with the 49ers. Smith wasn't that good of a passer. With MM and Nicks playing some and Cruz not being a known talent and along with some lucky passes gone his way in 011, Cruz had 15 hundred yards. Yet what happened when Nicks was hurt and MM was gone? Cruz did little. Forget those 10 tds. Some of those were against weak opponents but he did nothing when we needed him most. If Nicks does not get back to being a big threat and the other receivers don't step up, our offense could be in big trouble. You gots to count for the Falcon game when Cruz did nothing. What happened when we needed him against the Bengals? If he would did something special in at least one of those games I have mentioned, then give the man the money. Yet 5 mil is right for what he did for two seasons.

He would be greedy if he is asking for the money in the double digit millions.
    Who are we to determine what a player "needs." Cruz has been Eli's most productive receiver for the two years he's played
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I know, I was trying to cheer me up. Some of our colleagues must think Dewey was elected
    And most of them won't have any idea who you're talking about!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Greatone80 View Post
    Ok,greedy is a little strong.I dont blame him for trying to get all the money he can,but when you see guys taking a paycut and stuff for the bigger picture,maybe its not a good idea to 'demand' or asking more money.I still think the 7 mil deal is good.Cruz has to know the giants are cap tight,and they are doing everything they can to sign him.10 mil a year,,,im against that.
    Are you for Snee and Rolle making $7 mil a piece?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    And most of them won't have any idea who you're talking about!!
    LOL very true, but I can still see the headline
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Who are we to determine what a player "needs." Cruz has been Eli's most productive receiver for the two years he's played
    What you have said has little impact. Say that he gets payed 5 mil a year, he still would get payed more than the other receivers on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    What you have said has little impact. Say that he gets payed 5 mil a year, he still would get payed more than the other receivers on the team.
    He should get paid than other receivers on the team except for maybe 1, Nicks.

Banned
    New England does it right, regardless of position....when a guy asks too much based on their budget, they trade him or let him walk. No slot WR is worth $10M per season.....that is a joke. Rams need a slot to replace Amendola.....trade Cruz there, even if you only get a 2nd round choice for him. If the Giants don't trade him now, he will play one year, and be gone without the Giants getting anything......Reese will NEVER allow that to happen.

Banned
    Can you trade a player not under contract?
    Yes, if he signs the tender, or his agent comes to terms with the team he is going to be traded to.....that is usually how its done. The Giants let Cruz's agent negotiate with the other team...once a deal is struck, the trade is made!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    New England does it right, regardless of position....when a guy asks too much based on their budget, they trade him or let him walk. No slot WR is worth $10M per season.....that is a joke. Rams need a slot to replace Amendola.....trade Cruz there, even if you only get a 2nd round choice for him. If the Giants don't trade him now, he will play one year, and be gone without the Giants getting anything......Reese will NEVER allow that to happen.
    You do understand we don't know what Cruz is asking for, right? You should also realize it doesn't matter what he's asking for and, you should also realize Reese doesn't overpay. You can stop worrying, all is good.

BTW, you can't trade a player you don't have under contract.