Closed Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Looking at the guys who are likely to become free agents next year, Cruz and Nicks would be the top two options by quite some margin.

This could be what Cruz's management is looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I dont know, Im losing interest in this whole thing. He was supposedly a nobody from Patterson, now he's rocking all this bling and fashion-wear and joining Jay Z's agency? This doesnt really affect my opinion of him as a player, but it does make me lose a little respect for the guy as a person, which trickles a tiny bit to my overall view of him. My advice to Cruz would be to keep it simple and remember where you came from and what this organization has done for you.
    We should be careful not to just agree with everything speculated in the media.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ar-from-giants

The Giants reportedly have extended an offer to Cruz worth $7 million annually with more than $20 million in guarantees.

Roc Nation will have to bridge a sizeable gap, as Cruz expects a much bigger pay day. The Daily News reported Wednesday that Cruz's last request under former agent Tom Condon was closer to the $10 million to $11 million range per year.

Cruz wants to be paid the going rate for a No. 1 receiver entering his prime while the Giants are offering elite slot-receiver money.

Read More...
    I'm ****ing confused your article says former T Condon when did he fire him?........wth is going on

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We should be careful not to just agree with everything speculated in the media.
    Im trying but man its turning me off a bit toward cruz....this stuff sucks

I dont know, Im losing interest in this whole thing. He was supposedly a nobody from Patterson, now he's rocking all this bling and fashion-wear and joining Jay Z's agency? This doesnt really affect my opinion of him as a player, but it does make me lose a little respect for the guy as a person, which trickles a tiny bit to my overall view of him. My advice to Cruz would be to keep it simple and remember where you came from and what this organization has done for you.
    Unfortunately it's what the Giants do: Turn nobodies into somebodies. And unfortunately, once they become somebodies, they demand somebody money. Then they leave and (depending on their work ethic) usually become nobodies again. Usually. Some are good enough to make it in other organizations. Bradshaw should catch on if the Steelers pick him up, Manningham was okay in SF before his ACL, Cofield is a decent bit player for Washington, and I see Chase and Hixon being good bit players for Carolina. Tiki, Shockey, Boss, Smith, Tolly, and Jacobs haven't done crap (and most are out of a job in the NFL now) since leaving the team, and I forsee the same future for Osi, Bennett, and KP. Jury is still out on Ballard, depends on how well he recovers from his ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Im trying but man its turning me off a bit toward cruz....this stuff sucks
    Why? Has he refused to play? Has he been quoted as asking for $10M? Did he just change agents to have someone who would work closer with the Giants? He is entitled to negotiate his contract, that's what he's doing.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-04-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I have to agree.

This is all bull**** Victor. Your 5' 11" frame aint getting Brandon Marshall or Megatron money! sorry bro..

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Unfortunately it's what the Giants do: Turn nobodies into somebodies. And unfortunately, once they become somebodies, they demand somebody money. Then they leave and (depending on their work ethic) usually become nobodies again. Usually. Some are good enough to make it in other organizations. Bradshaw should catch on if the Steelers pick him up, Manningham was okay in SF before his ACL, Cofield is a decent bit player for Washington, and I see Chase and Hixon being good bit players for Carolina. Tiki, Shockey, Boss, Smith, Tolly, and Jacobs haven't done crap (and most are out of a job in the NFL now) since leaving the team, and I forsee the same future for Osi, Bennett, and KP. Jury is still out on Ballard, depends on how well he recovers from his ACL.
    What Cruz was before he was a somebody was talented. You can't take that away from him no matter how you paint the picture. I don't know what he's worth but I do know he's allowed to get the best deal he can. That seems to be what he's doing.

Plax, in his prime with the Giants, didnt make as much money as Cruz is asking for.

And 9 out of 10 people would probably rather have Plax in his prime than Cruz.... am i wrong?

Banned
    A slot receiver that alligator armed a number of key passes last season should be more than happy he gets 7 per year. Our priority at WR should be Hakeem Nicks, he is way more physical and doesn't alligator arm it.Perhaps we should try to get what we can for Victor Cruz right now because there is no way this guy is worth the money that it is speculated that he is demanding.