Closed Thread
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    What is it about "heroic effort, aside" does not register?
    That's not even heroic...wtf

i think thats an interesting point. Rudy, if the WR's YAC is independent from the QB, wouldn't the WR be valued more equally with a QB? I know we are seeing more freak big play individual TD efforts. But the other 99% of the time, if the wr could take any pass thrown by the QB and simply turn and score a TD of his own volition, wouldn't WRs be more sought and paid than QBs? If what your position really presents were true, we'd see teams leaguewide not have a need for a franchise qb really, any gradkowski who can just loft one up in a WRs general area is now good enough, bc all the QB is required to do is just get it in his area, doesnt matter where really. bc if he catches it, he should score or break a lot of YAC regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's not even heroic...wtf
    It's an arbitrary term, what would you prefer I use -- because it certainly isn't play-to-play common.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i think thats an interesting point. Rudy, if the WR's YAC is independent from the QB, wouldn't the WR be valued more equally with a QB? I know we are seeing more freak big play individual TD efforts. But the other 99% of the time, if the wr could take any pass thrown by the QB and simply turn and score a TD of his own volition, wouldn't WRs be more sought and paid than QBs? If what your position really presents were true, we'd see teams leaguewide not have a need for a franchise qb really, any gradkowski who can just loft one up in a WRs general area is now good enough, bc all the QB is required to do is just get it in his area, doesnt matter where really. bc if he catches it, he should score or break a lot of YAC regardless...
    Well if you look at the video, there are two plays that stood out to me where Cruz broke tackles. They weren't 99 yarders or what not, but simple passes being thrown and the receiver doing the little things. That is what I'm talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4BQHBj534 Go to :44 of the video.

That's what I'm talking about..look at him breaking tackles and spinning That is on Cruz.

Also 2:02 of the video as well
    just look at the opening clip. that was the example i was citing. if the pass is underthrown there, does cruz score a TD? if the pass is thrown high and forced Cruz to make a 1 handed acrobatic diving catch, does he score a TD there?
    Does the fact the ball is thrown into Cruz's gut/numbers in stride on the fly really not register as having to be necessary for Cruz to break that one?

It's an arbitrary term, what would you prefer I use -- because it certainly isn't play-to-play common.
    It's certainly a great play on Cruz' behalf..The commentator in the Carolina game said "Cruz broke a tackle". How is that credited to the QB? Cruz made an amazing play and broke the tackle to get extra yards after the catch. It wasn't a 99 yarder, it was a simple play in which Cruz did what Cruz usually does...make exciting plays.

Well if you look at the video, there are two plays that stood out to me where Cruz broke tackles. They weren't 99 yarders or what not, but simple passes being thrown and the receiver doing the little things. That is what I'm talking about..
    ah see thats what i was confused on. i wasnt getting clarification. altho, i did suspect that. u mean more along the lines of after the catch and when the player gets out in space...well yeah of course, we've all maintained thats individual effort. but we also preambled that with those are the rare exceptions and not the majority...

You're citing a freaking YouTube highlight tape, what do you expect to find?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    just look at the opening clip. that was the example i was citing. if the pass is underthrown there, does cruz score a TD? if the pass is thrown high and forced Cruz to make a 1 handed acrobatic diving catch, does he score a TD there?
    Does the fact the ball is thrown into Cruz's gut/numbers in stride on the fly really not register as having to be necessary for Cruz to break that one?
    Well look at 2:02..is that on Eli or is that on Cruz?

You're citing a freaking YouTube highlight tape, what do you expect to find?
    Well there are two perfect examples of what I mean.

If you still find my logic to be flawed, then we are simply going to have to agree to disagree..no matter how much it pains you.