Closed Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 631 to 639 of 639
  1. #631
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    37,073
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I told you that I've made exceptions for heroic efforts. First, you dispute it by overlooking those exceptions, and just recently you've gone as far as to dispute the term "heroic." Again, you're citing clips from a Victor Cruz highlight tape to make your point that he makes all the YAC-magic take place. Two words: Confirmation, Bias.

    And I question your coherence because you've contradicted yourself, and have changed your stance throughout the course of the debate.
    Ok. You're right, I'm wrong. Forever and always Amen.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  2. #632
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    LMAO!

  3. #633
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    17,088
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    lol.

    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

  4. #634
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    just look at the opening clip. that was the example i was citing. if the pass is underthrown there, does cruz score a TD? if the pass is thrown high and forced Cruz to make a 1 handed acrobatic diving catch, does he score a TD there?
    Does the fact the ball is thrown into Cruz's gut/numbers in stride on the fly really not register as having to be necessary for Cruz to break that one?
    If cruz is standing still and the ball is thrown right to the numbers on his jersey, then the ball is thrown into his gut. However, if cruz is moving, like he was on that play, then the ball is thrown to an area and cruz has to run to it. The Qb obviously plays a role in how much Yac the receiver has depending on the play. But i think Yac is mostly credited to the receiver and it involves a combination of how fast, elusive, quick, or strong the runner is. if cruz wasn't as fast as he was on that play, he could have gotten caught from behind or he wouldnt have caught up to the pass.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-07-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  5. #635
    The video was cited in order to prove that there are a lot of plays where cruz gains yards after the catch independently of the QB. Hence the reason Rudy brought up the idea that cruz makes guys miss or breaks tackles. Its not because she is confused about yards per catch vs yards after contact, but because breaking tackles puts a great emphasis on the fact Eli has little to do with how much yards cruz gains after the catch on certain plays.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  6. #636
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    The video was cited in order to prove that there are a lot of plays where cruz gains yards after the catch independently of the QB. Hence the reason Rudy brought up the idea that cruz makes guys miss or breaks tackles. Its not because she is confused about yards per catch vs yards after contact, but because breaking tackles puts a great emphasis on the fact Eli has little to do with how much yards cruz gains after the catch on certain plays.
    She cited a highlight tape. A tape that puts an emphasis on tremendous individual efforts, an exception that I've reiterated numerous times in my argument.

    Do you wholeheartedly agree with Rudyy's assertions?

  7. #637
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990

  8. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    The video was cited in order to prove that there are a lot of plays where cruz gains yards after the catch independently of the QB. Hence the reason Rudy brought up the idea that cruz makes guys miss or breaks tackles. Its not because she is confused about yards per catch vs yards after contact, but because breaking tackles puts a great emphasis on the fact Eli has little to do with how much yards cruz gains after the catch on certain plays.
    twice, as in 2 plays(one really) is a lot? ok

  9. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    She cited a highlight tape. A tape that puts an emphasis on tremendous individual efforts, an exception that I've reiterated numerous times in my argument.

    Do you wholeheartedly agree with Rudyy's assertions?
    dude, ur asking for it now lol. pretty sure he jumped in late and isn't going to understand anyones assertions while subjugating them to his omnipotent opinion. the way he describes his point while incorrectly referencing a claim Rudy didn't make pretty much makes that clear to me at least...seeing as how he acknowledges the qb has a role in a WRs YAC, which is not Rudys stance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts