Closed Thread
Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What Cruz was before he was a somebody was talented. You can't take that away from him no matter how you paint the picture. I don't know what he's worth but I do know he's allowed to get the best deal he can. That seems to be what he's doing.
    I'm still waiting for training camp to evaluate his personality. If he doesn't hold out, I'll know it's all agent maneuvering. He's been on record last offseason as saying that holding out is NOT his way of doing things, and he's very hands-off with his contract negotiations, leaving all that to his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I have to agree.

This is all bull**** Victor. Your 5' 11" frame aint getting Brandon Marshall or Megatron money! sorry bro..
    Calvin gets quarterback money. 9+ is what Marshall is on, though.

What Cruz was before he was a somebody was talented. You can't take that away from him no matter how you paint the picture. I don't know what he's worth but I do know he's allowed to get the best deal he can. That seems to be what he's doing.
    We cant blame him,

But we are entitled to our opinions. And mine happens to be that he is ruining his relationship with the fans. And if decides to play for the tender it will be awkward. Kind of like everyone on the team knowing he thinks he too good for the Giants. Weird situation he is putting himself in if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Calvin gets quarterback money. 9+ is what Marshall is on, though.

Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson, and Brandon Marshall were the top 3 highest paid wideouts in 2012.

And they all make in the 10+. Theres no way Cruz is of that talent pool. Not now, not ever IMO.
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 04-04-2013 at 12:19 PM.

best way to negotiate a contract in the nfl; become a 2 year old. "i want a contract like his, mommy. that team was dumb enough to over pay him with that ridiculous amount, so now you're obligated to do the same thing or i walk!"

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson, and Brandon Marshall were the top 3 highest paid wideouts in 2012.

And they all make in the 10-15 range. Theres no way Cruz is of that talent pool. Not now, not ever IMO.
    Reading my mail.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Not worth $10M+ a year
    He could get it in another team but not with the Giants. That been said he's not going anywhere because nobody is coughing up a 1st round pick in the process.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Ok, heres the official list from 2012: http://www.sportscity.com/nfl-salari...rs/2012/07/03/

1. Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers – 11,000,000
    2. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs – 9,515,000
    3. Wes Welker, Patriots – 9,515,000
    4. Brandon Marshall, Bears – 9,300,000
    5. Santonio Holmes, Jets – 7,750,000
    6. Sidney Rice, Seahawks – $,7,000,000
    7. Anquan Boldin, Ravens – $6,000,000
    8. Roddy White, Falcons – 5,500,000
    9. Darius Heyward-Bey – $5,279,000
    10. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals – $5,000,000
    ...where Calvin Johnson? This list is BASE salary

keeping in mind salary doesn't not equal skill, Cruz current demands would put him at #1 or #2 highest paid in the NFL. THATS ridiculous

btw Larry is worth more than what hes paid. He is the essence of a true team player. Although I do think he should ask for more (i mean Darius Heyward-Bey and Welker are making more than him....)
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 04-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.

All-Pro
    Why? Has he refused to play? Has he been quoted as asking for $10M? Did he just change agents to have someone who would work closer with the Giants? He is entitled to negotiate his contract, that's what he's doing.
    it just all this media **** is making him look bad .... I'm trying to not let it get to me sorry......I still confused who the hell his agent is.....

And they all make in the 10+. Theres no way Cruz is of that talent pool. Not now, not ever IMO.
    Definitely not. I agree.

Only thing is that there are also lesser receivers earning at or near what those top players make. Dwayne Bowe is one, Mike Wallace is another. Heck, Brian Hartline will be earning around the 7 mark.

I think Cruz is easily in that pool.