Closed Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz wants Dwayne Bowe $$$

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    "It's unclear exaclty what Jay-Z and Cruz's new representation will ask for, but we can bet they won't be handing out any discounts. Cruz appears to be seeking a similar contract to the five-year, $56 million deal Dwayne Bowe got from the Chiefs a month ago.

This is just media hype and speculation. While acknowledging they don't know, they will tell us anyway.
    Well we definitely know he doesn't want $7M+ / year with $21M guaranteed.

Otherwise he'd have signed the offer.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    ...where Calvin Johnson? This list is BASE salary
    His contract is insanely backloaded. He'll eventually be counting 20 mil plus towards Detroit's cap. I think he "earned" close to vet min last season.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    it just all this media **** is making him look bad .... I'm trying to not let it get to me sorry......I still confused who the hell his agent is.....
    And look at all of the sheep following the media lead.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ok, heres the official list from 2012: http://www.sportscity.com/nfl-salari...rs/2012/07/03/

1. Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers – 11,000,000
    2. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs – 9,515,000
    3. Wes Welker, Patriots – 9,515,000
    4. Brandon Marshall, Bears – 9,300,000
    5. Santonio Holmes, Jets – 7,750,000
    6. Sidney Rice, Seahawks – $,7,000,000
    7. Anquan Boldin, Ravens – $6,000,000
    8. Roddy White, Falcons – 5,500,000
    9. Darius Heyward-Bey – $5,279,000
    10. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals – $5,000,000

keeping in mind salary doesn't not equal skill, Cruz current demands would put him at #1 or #2 highest paid in the NFL. THATS ridiculous

btw Larry is worth more than what hes paid. He is the essence of a true team player. Although I do think he should ask for more (i mean Darius Heyward-Bey and Welker are making more than him....)
    Boldin, Fitzgerald, White... all better than cruz and none are making over 6mil

Ok, heres the official list from 2012: http://www.sportscity.com/nfl-salari...rs/2012/07/03/

1. Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers – 11,000,000
    2. Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs – 9,515,000
    3. Wes Welker, Patriots – 9,515,000
    4. Brandon Marshall, Bears – 9,300,000
    5. Santonio Holmes, Jets – 7,750,000
    6. Sidney Rice, Seahawks – $,7,000,000
    7. Anquan Boldin, Ravens – $6,000,000
    8. Roddy White, Falcons – 5,500,000
    9. Darius Heyward-Bey – $5,279,000
    10. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals – $5,000,000

keeping in mind salary doesn't not equal skill, Cruz current demands would put him at #1 or #2 highest paid in the NFL. THATS ridiculous

btw Larry is worth more than what hes paid. He is the essence of a true team player. Although I do think he should ask for more (i mean Darius Heyward-Bey and Welker are making more than him....)
    Agreed but that been said the amount of money Vincent Jackson and Dwayne Bowe are making right now is ridiculous too. Its called value market.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Well we definitely know he doesn't want $7M+ / year with $21M guaranteed.

Otherwise he'd have signed the offer.

Sigh.
    Why hasn't he signed the offer? Should he even consider signing it before April 19th?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Why hasn't he signed the offer? Should he even consider signing it before April 19th?
    If he liked the deal and really wanted to stay in NY, yes.

If he wants more money, then no.

See what I mean?

*EDIT* - And if he doesn't sign the offer by the 19th, then the Giants own him for $2M in 2013.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 04-04-2013 at 12:35 PM.

I'm saving my opinion of the whole Cruz scenerio for when something FACTUAL actually happens. Commenting on speculation is pointless. Holding anything against Cruz for wanting everything he can get is asinine. Now, if he calls JR a "liar" in the press, i will have an issue. Until then.....it's just another boring news day.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

And look at all of the sheep following the media lead.
    Cruz has been tendered and he hasn't signed.

Cruz has been offered a deal and he hasn't accepted.

Those are facts, not speculation. Not hard for someone to go off him after watching this play out. It's been going on since the beginning of last season, remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
    Boldin, Fitzgerald, White... all better than cruz and none are making over 6mil
    I disagree with Boldin being better. He's past it and is more of a tight end than a receiver now.

Also, you can't judge a contract on year-to-year values as they can fluctuate wildly. It's better to look at the entire deal and deduce an average.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 04-04-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    If he liked the deal and really wanted to stay in NY, yes.

If he wants more money, then no.

See what I mean?
    I'm starting to think that way too. At this moment I don't see any team coughing a 1st to sign him away and by the looks right now he is not getting more dough for Mr. Mara. So IMO he has no choice to sign his tender already and play our the deal then if his sentiments are not in the way in staying in blue then he could cash in next year. Plain and simple.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Closed Thread