+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

New York Giants a Candidate to Sign Steve Spagnuolo, Says Sal Paolantonio

Everyone is scared the Eagles will sign Spags so here

[link]http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/28/new-york-giants-a-candidate-to-sign-steve-spagnuolo-says-sal-paolantonio/[/link]

"If the Eagles want Spagnuolo to come back to Philadelphia, they're going to have to make a huge pitch to do that," Paolantonio said. "I think Spagnuolo has a better chance of going to New York than Philadelphia."

@MikeGarafolo: Re: all this Spags-to-the-Eagles talk, everyone realizes he didn’t exactly enjoy his last year in Philly, right? (See quote in next tweet)

@MikeGarafolo: Quote from friend in ’08 Star-Ledger story on Spags after Reid kept him from being a DC elsewhere “Those were probably the darkest days.”

@MikeGarafolo: More from Spags’ friend in ’08: “Working for the Eagles the last year was very tough for him.” Not saying it won’t happen but keep in mind.

@MikeGarafolo: Aha! Found the Spags story online. It’s from our Kevin Manahan 1/6/08 (the day of the Giants-Bucs playoff game): [link]http://t.co/7RXDi4y0[/link]

Re: New York Giants a Candidate to Sign Steve Spagnuolo, Says Sal Paolantonio

Thats interesting...

All-Pro

interesting ... time for us to get somebody they want

i wonder how Perry Fewell is feeling about that ... hopefully he blocks out those distractions and cooks up something good for the Boys

but, for Spags it does make sense ... he'll have some studs again to work with on D and let's face it, Tom isn't the youngest coach on the block

Nothing like the pressure of another coach taking your job to make you focus hard on trying to prove you deserve to keep it.

I always thought that Spags would rather come back here than go back to Philly. He had greater success here and remained very close to TC. I remember seeing before the Rams game, that Spags said he would frequently call TC for advice... and then mentioned Reid kind of as an afterthought.

awesome post and article..I cannot see Spags going back to Philthy, he hated it there and its obvious Reid isnt going anywhere. Unless Reid is fired, which I doubt will happen, Spags wont go back. Why would he?

[quote user="G-Man67"]interesting ... time for us to get somebody they want

i wonder how Perry Fewell is feeling about that ... hopefully he blocks out those distractions and cooks up something good for the Boys

but, for Spags it does make sense ... he'll have some studs again to work with on D and let's face it, Tom isn't the youngest coach on the block[/quote]

If Fewell is on borrowed time, it's in his best interest to finish strongly, so he'll have something to show potential suitors, other than those games we gave up close to 40.....

That would be nice to have him back. Coll too because my sister went to Springfield College.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Here is Sal Pal on Philly radio discussing Spags:

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/e...tryID=10330378

IF if Spags is fired. How is everyone so certain he will not get another HC job somewhere next year.