+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Te'o visits Giants, has Tuck's endorsement

Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o visited the New York Giants, a source confirmed.

Te'o met with the Giants on Thursday night and Friday and left Friday afternoon. The visit was first reported by the South Bend Tribune. The Tribune reports that Te'o will meet with his seventh team, San Diego, on Monday.

The Giants own the 19th pick in the draft and Te'o is expected by most draft experts to go anywhere around where the Giants draft to the late first round. Linebacker is a position of need since the Giants finished 25th against the run last year. They signed Dan Connor in free agency, and he and Mark Herzlich are expected to compete for the starting middle linebacker job.

GM Jerry Reese said at the scouting combine that he was more concerned about Te'o's football skills than the Internet girlfriend hoax. Reese said he would let Te'o explain his situation to the Giants once the linebacker was brought in for a visit.

One Giant who knows Te'o believes the linebacker would be a good addition.

"I think it is a step in the right place," Justin Tuck said when asked about Te'o on Thursday on ESPN New York 98.7 FM. "The whole thing doesn't come to fruition about the hoax, then nobody is even questioning what he did on the football field. Yes, Alabama might have exposed him a little bit [in the national championship game]. But Alabama exposed a lot of people.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ks-endorsement

I wonder if the Giants are hoping that he falls into the second round...
    Last edited by KidA; 04-12-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    I wonder if the Giants are hoping that he fells into the second round...

I think its very possible he goes in the 2nd round. just not when the giants pick. That would be great value if he did.

The endorsement doesn't mean much to me....Tuck is going to support him for the Notre Dame aspect alone. I trust Jerry will make the right decision. I've said before I was big on Te'o before this year but after the whole cat-fish incident, I really don't want that media outlet in the Giants locker room.

Ehhh, i'd rather Khaseem Greene or even the other Rugers MLB Baurenitis..Teo is but a name to me now. He can't stack and shed, might as well draft Ogletree more fast and athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Ehhh, i'd rather Khaseem Greene or even the other Rugers MLB Baurenitis..Teo is but a name to me now. He can't stack and shed, might as well draft Ogletree more fast and athletic.
    you obviously are basing your assessment of teo on the Alabama game. he had a bad game, the rest of the tape shows a highly productive player who indeed stacks and sheds enabling him to make tackles all over the field. he is easily an upgrade over most of what they have at LB at the moment, especially against the run.

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    I wonder if the Giants are hoping that he falls into the second round...
    Look what I just stumbled on.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/round/2

this mock has us taking Teo in the 2nd. THAT i would not mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post

no way he falls that far

He is not my first choice at 19 th but if the Giants go that way I cool with that choice. As always in Reese I trust.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post

that would be a great value..