+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's what happens when you're used to looking up all the time.

As far as Fluker goes ... I have a really hard time seeing the Giants blowing a first round pick on what could end up being a Guard at the next level.

That and 21 reps on the bench doesn't translate into "mauler" at the next level. More like "mauled" once he goes up against players that actually hit the weight room.
    21 benches has nothing to do with how he would maul people. He would... there's no doubt about that. He dominated everyone he got his hands on.. IN THE SEC.. where the big boys play.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Apples and oranges. Warren Sapp was known for his speed at DT, not his power.

Fluker is an OT prospect and not a speedy one at that (speed rush protection issues). He's known for being a mauler ... I don't see that translating at the NFL level where receivers can bench more reps then him.
    They also have shorter arms. You've lost your mind on this one buddy. . Go watch his film and see if his bench press kept him from tossing people around. It's weird, Alabama players always seem to underperform on the bench it seems, but they always look like the most physical team in CFB.. by far really. I think people take too much from the bench.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-05-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Part of the low bench press numbers are his outrageously long arms (36 3/4, the longest I've ever seen on an Oline prospect)....The guys a mammoth of a human being and WILL be a mauler at the next level....Also for all this talk about being a liability in pass protection I've yet to see a game where he's been exposed as such....The guy was a dominate player on the Countries most dominate line and we'd be lucky to have him
    THIS... It's starting to get funny how people on here are acting like he's some sort of bumbling idiot in pass protection. Makes it easy to separate the people who never actually watched him and those that just read something. Like I've said, he's not the guy I see at #19 and readily admit pass protection is his weakness... but he's not NEARLY as bad as people on here are suggesting.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:

That's what happens when you're used to looking up all the time.

As far as Fluker goes ... I have a really hard time seeing the Giants blowing a first round pick on what could end up being a Guard at the next level.

That and 21 reps on the bench doesn't translate into "mauler" at the next level. More like "mauled" once he goes up against players that actually hit the weight room.
    Definetley right...I'd be more interested his how muchh he squats than bench

the giants arent wasting the first pick on an OL not named joeckel or fisher, especially when they have passed over better prospects in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the giants arent wasting the first pick on an OL not named joeckel or fisher, especially when they have passed over better prospects in previous years.
    I believe they would consider Warmack if the draft fell a certain way. After all, they did bring him in for a private workout.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    They also have shorter arms. You've lost your mind on this one buddy. . Go watch his film and see if his bench press kept him from tossing people around. It's weird, Alabama players always seem to underperform on the bench it seems, but they always look like the most physical team in CFB.. by far really. I think people take too much from the bench.
    To me, the only thing that bench is an indication of is work ethic. If a guy has a real low bench press number, it's an indication that he may not be working hard enough in the weight room.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    To me, the only thing that bench is an indication of is work ethic. If a guy has a real low bench press number, it's an indication that he may not be working hard enough in the weight room.

There are positions where it is completely pointless to use bench as a measurment. Oline is not 1 of them. It matters for the reasons you mentioned but also because it is a measurement of leverage, which is extremely important to the Oline position.

However, long armed players always bench less than short arms and if you ask any NFL coach which they would prefer, a long armed player like Fluker( 36.6 inch arms) who can do 21 reps, or a short armed guy who who can do 35 reps They will take long arms every time, particularly at the tackle position.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Anybody have a highlight video of Fluker pancaking defensive lineman?

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    Anybody have a highlight video of Fluker pancaking defensive lineman?
    I have 4 full game cuts

+ Reply to Thread