+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Fluker, if they take him at #12
    Seems kind of high to draft a RT, who has pass blocking concerns no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    dam skippy

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The more I watch fluker the more I see Osemele, the guy the ravens drafted last season in the 2nd.

About the same size, both maulers with mean streaks. Both questionable athleticism at OT.

Osemele played a bit of RT for the ravens, but ultimately ended up at guard where he was dominant. He's protected inside from speed a bit, and his size makes up for any lack of lateral movement, and his mean streak and size work great going forward.

It's not a dissimilar situation than the two OTs the saints took a couple years back in the mid rounds, in Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks.

Mauling RTs, IMO, are better players at guard if they have trouble when on an island.

And LTs, IMO, are better at RT.

I don't think the "power tackle" and "pass blocking" tackle difference exists anymore. At least not for a team that likes to throw the ball.
    If Fluker were to become a mauling guard with a mean streak, would he be comparable as a guard prospect to either Warmack or Cooper? If so, add in the fact that he has the versatility to be used at OT in a pinch, and he could justify a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    If Fluker were to become a mauling guard with a mean streak, would he be comparable as a guard prospect to either Warmack or Cooper? If so, add in the fact that he has the versatility to be used at OT in a pinch, and he could justify a first round pick.
    Would you draft a dominant OG in the first round? If so, then yes. If not, then no

And I think Slip's analysis is about spot on for Fluker.

Would you draft a dominant OG in the first round? If so, then yes. If not, then no

And I think Slip's analysis is about spot on for Fluker.
    Well, that's the other question . . . . would you draft a dominant guard in the first. I personally would, but I know that others wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Well, that's the other question . . . . would you draft a dominant guard in the first. I personally would, but I know that others wouldn't
    From my experience, it's too easy to get a quality guard further down the draft. Unless you're building around a power run team specifically and want to try and remake the Hoggs offensive line.

But it all goes to philosophy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I dont' care what he did around 3sacks.. U give up 3sacks to one player in a game, ur owned.. He can't handle any kinda speed on the outside, and there fore, is probably gonna have to play inside as a pro...
    He only got beat once by Smith that game and his team won 35-0...Hardly owned in any way shape or form (Cyrus Kaundijio gave up the other 2 sacks to Smith)
    Last edited by juice33s; 04-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Banned

No, not at all. Fluker is an above average pass-blocker because he's impossible to bull-rush. Heck, there are scouts who believe he can play LT in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    No, not at all. Fluker is an above average pass-blocker because he's impossible to bull-rush. Heck, there are scouts who believe he can play LT in the NFL.
    Could you provide a link to that? I haven't seen that opinion except from him, and you would expect prospects to say stuff like that . Most say his weakness(aside from weight issues) is his quickness and footspeed, which is far more important to a LT than a RT.

I do think some people here are being a little hard on him, even tho he isnt my favorite prospect. But he is a right tackle or a guard.

We do realize there isnt a ton of tape of Fluker being beat because Alabama runs the ball damn near every play, and throw off play action?

Doesnt give a guy many opportunities to beat Fluker around the edge when he has to run set every play.

Fluker would be great for a team that had a lower tier QB and needed to run the ball, like the Jets, for instance. Would be misused on a team that has a top tier QB and passes a lot.

+ Reply to Thread