+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 129

Thread: Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    We do realize there isnt a ton of tape of Fluker being beat because Alabama runs the ball damn near every play, and throw off play action?

    Doesnt give a guy many opportunities to beat Fluker around the edge when he has to run set every play.

    Fluker would be great for a team that had a lower tier QB and needed to run the ball, like the Jets, for instance. Would be misused on a team that has a top tier QB and passes a lot.
    You act like Bama never threw the ball....McCarron had 27 attempts vs LSU, 34 against A&M, and 28 against Notre Dame....I don't remember Fluker having problems in any of those games against any of those top pass rushers

  2. #82
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,017
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    You act like Bama never threw the ball....McCarron had 27 attempts vs LSU, 34 against A&M, and 28 against Notre Dame....I don't remember Fluker having problems in any of those games against any of those top pass rushers
    All play action or quick throws, mixed with screens. Thats the alabama pass game.

    I would think you can count on a single hand how many shotgun/5 step drops there were in those games.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    All play action or quick throws, mixed with screens. Thats the alabama pass game.

    I would think you can count on a single hand how many shotgun/5 step drops there were in those games.
    The best example would be his game vs LSU. He was matched up with Mingo 1v1 most of the night and didn't let him sniff McCarron the entire game including the game winning drive when Bama was in shotgun virtually the whole way

  4. #84
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,017
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    The best example would be his game vs LSU. He was matched up with Mingo 1v1 most of the night and didn't let him sniff McCarron the entire game including the game winning drive when Bama was in shotgun virtually the whole way
    Well watching this video of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIms6ImVG6w

    Starts somewhere around 18:00 in.

    Mingo vs. Fluker once the entire time on any sort of non-quick throw, and Mingo gets a pressure. (18:30) So much for that "Fluker cant get bullrushed" nonsense.

    The next play Mingo does get the corner but the throw is out pretty quickly. Would have got a pressure had the play taken another tick.

    The next two plays are twists/blitzes with Mingo going inside. Then mingo is on the opposite end.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-11-2013 at 11:03 PM.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well watching this video of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIms6ImVG6w

    Starts somewhere around 18:00 in.

    Mingo vs. Fluker once the entire time on any sort of non-quick throw, and Mingo gets a pressure. (18:30) So much for that "Fluker cant get bullrushed" nonsense.
    That's bs dude, I watched both that one and the Montgomery vs Bama tape and Bama barely if ever gave help on Flukers man and he barely gave up a pressure if any at all against one of this drafts best pure speed rushers...Something that ppl on this board seem to think he can't do, so much for that nonsense...Just leave it to the professional scouts, there's a reason this guy is a 1st round lock and has a team in the top 10 "In love with him."

  6. #86
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,017
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    That's bs dude, I watched both that one and the Montgomery vs Bama tape and Bama barely if ever gave help on Flukers man and he barely gave up a pressure if any at all against one of this drafts best pure speed rushers...Something that ppl on this board seem to think he can't do, so much for that nonsense...Just leave it to the professional scouts, there's a reason this guy is a 1st round lock and has a team in the top 10 "In love with him."
    Show me all these snaps that had Mingo vs. Fluker in a obvious pass situation that wasent a quick throw... Youll find maybe 5 that entire game.

    Which is exactly my point, there is not much film of Fluker being isolated against a top pass rusher in a throwing down where Fluker either doesnt get help, or the ball isnt out quickly.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Show me all these snaps that had Mingo vs. Fluker in a obvious pass situation that wasent a quick throw... Youll find maybe 5 that entire game.
    I got better things to do then walk you through a tape. Just keep in mind Fluker is perhaps the biggest riser in the draft who now looks like he'll go top 15. NFL team's like him as an LT and I just showed you a game where he single handily shut down the drafts best speed rusher...I have nothing more to say on the subject

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    NFL team's like him as an LT
    Not bashing Fluker, or specifically doubting you, but I would love to see where that is from?

    To me, Fluker SCREAMS right tackle, or even guard long before he sniffs a left tackle positon.


    Got a link?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Not bashing Fluker, or specifically doubting you, but I would love to see where that is from?

    To me, Fluker SCREAMS right tackle, or even guard long before he sniffs a left tackle positon.


    Got a link?
    I saw it in the twittersphere, can't remember where, but I believe it was along the lines of NFL draft rumor mill and what scouts have been saying/what people have been hearing....I'll try and find it, give me a sec

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I saw it in the twittersphere, can't remember where, but I believe it was along the lines of NFL draft rumor mill and what scouts have been saying/what people have been hearing....I'll try and find it, give me a sec
    I have seen Fluker himself say he can play Left Tackle, Which is what I would expect. i have not seen any reputable scouts or team reps say it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts