+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 129

Thread: Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Here's another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3VF1vkiKFo This time vs Damontre Moore and once again Bama leaves Fluker on an island against one of the nations best pass rushers and once again lets his man barely sniff the QB

    Yup

    There is more to pass-blocking than quick feet, especially for a right tackle. Right tackles do not face pure speed rushers all that often in the NFL.

    His upper/lower body strength and leverage doesn't allow his guy to cave the pocket....the only way to beat him is get AROUND him...which happens rarely to begin with

  2. #102
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,010
    Theres no doubt Fluker has some ability, obviously, or we'd not be talking about him period,b ut overall, i feel he lacks nessecary effort snap in and snap out, and don't think hes gonna consistently be able to keep NFL pass rushers from beating him on the edge... Inside i could see him making a living in the pros..

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    And this notion that "We have an elite QB and a pass-happy offense so pass-blocking is more important" is false

    We are in the bottom half of the league in terms of 3/4/5 receiver sets

    Scroll down

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-april-9-2013/

    Giants lined up in 3 WR sets 490 times and in 4 WR sets 22 times

    The 512 total is 19th in the league

    So the offense is still mostly base formation

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    And what about the intangibles that Fluker brings?

    He has experience on championship teams and has played numerous games on the biggest of stages

    He has a tough, physical presence about him that lifts the morale of the entire offensive line, and hence the entire offense

    He has great work ethic and is very coachable. He gives off that "humble giant" vibe that is lovable.

    He is a LEADER, most importantly

    These intangibles should not be ignored.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Here's another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3VF1vkiKFo This time vs Damontre Moore and once again Bama leaves Fluker on an island against one of the nations best pass rushers and once again lets his man barely sniff the QB

    Just watch the play at 5:48....look how long Fluker holds his block against Moore....he completely engulfs Moore

    That's what I'm talking about in terms of his pass-blocking...Fluker has a wide base, long arms, and phenomenal strength. He can engulf defenders like that.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    And this notion that "We have an elite QB and a pass-happy offense so pass-blocking is more important" is false

    We are in the bottom half of the league in terms of 3/4/5 receiver sets

    Scroll down

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-april-9-2013/

    Giants lined up in 3 WR sets 490 times and in 4 WR sets 22 times

    The 512 total is 19th in the league

    So the offense is still mostly base formation
    We pass more than we run. In 2012 we got back to being a little more balanced, however in 2011 we had 589 pass attempts to 411 rushing attempts.

    What you meant to say is that we're not a spread-formation team.

    We are most defintiely a pass first team, though.

  7. #107
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,389
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    The tape shows it all....Fluker DOMINATED Mingo
    Lmao. Sure he did.

  8. #108
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,389
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    And what about the intangibles that Fluker brings?

    He has experience on championship teams and has played numerous games on the biggest of stages

    He has a tough, physical presence about him that lifts the morale of the entire offensive line, and hence the entire offense

    He has great work ethic and is very coachable. He gives off that "humble giant" vibe that is lovable.

    He is a LEADER, most importantly

    These intangibles should not be ignored.
    Lololol this is the most mind blowingly stupid thing I have ever heard.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    And what about the intangibles that Fluker brings?

    He has experience on championship teams and has played numerous games on the biggest of stages

    He has a tough, physical presence about him that lifts the morale of the entire offensive line, and hence the entire offense

    He has great work ethic and is very coachable. He gives off that "humble giant" vibe that is lovable.

    He is a LEADER, most importantly

    These intangibles should not be ignored.
    The biggest mark against Fluker in the first is that you're essentially using a first round pick to select a Guard who has never actually played Guard.

    /thread

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The biggest mark against Fluker in the first is that you're essentially using a first round pick to select a Guard who has never actually played Guard.

    /thread

    Fluker is a Right Tackle, not a guard.

    All the scouts have his natural position in the NFL as a RT

    Your point fails. Try again.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts