+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Fluker is a Right Tackle, not a guard.

    All the scouts have his natural position in the NFL as a RT

    Your point fails. Try again.

    Don't know a thing about Fluker, eh nubcakes?

    He's projected as a Guard at the next level because he's slow as molasses backing up. Demarcus Ware would eat him alive.

    No thanks.

  2. #112
    I prefer the term sheepish

  3. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    The Giants offense is not a shotgun offense....so Fluker would never be used in the way you describe

    We are primarily a base formation, power running team

    Fluker is a perfect fit
    We run a ton of shotgun.

    We haven't had more runs than passes since the late 90s.

    What team (or decade) do you think this is exactly?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Don't know a thing about Fluker, eh nubcakes?

    He's projected as a Guard at the next level because he's slow as molasses backing up. Demarcus Ware would eat him alive.

    No thanks.

    Uh, no he's not. He's projected as a Right Tackle at the next level.

    Andre Smith and Phil Loadholt are 2 of the best RTs in the NFL. Both are similar in skill set to Fluker. Foot speed is not important for a RT. Most strong-side DEs in the NFL are not pure speed rushers.

    And Ware typically lines up on the weak side, not the strong side. Meaning, he mostly faces LEFT tackles. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about.
    Last edited by EliManningUp; 04-12-2013 at 12:48 PM.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    We run a ton of shotgun.

    We haven't had more runs than passes since the late 90s.

    What team (or decade) do you think this is exactly?


    We ran more shotgun because of the huge hole we had at RT. Diehl was worthless at RT, and Locklear was a better pass-blocker than run-blocker.

    With Fluker at RT, the running game would be so much better that it would reduce the amount of shotgun snaps.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    Giants were 19th in the NFL in # of snaps with 3/4/5 receiver sets.

    Bottom half of the league.

    And that's with garbage at RT.

    With a mauler like Fluker at RT, we would run even less 3/4/5 receiver sets.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    131
    BTW, Mike Mayock has stated that Fluker can even play Left Tackle in the NFL

    You're an idiot if you think Fluker is a pure guard prospect.

    Based on that logic, Andre Smith and Phil Loadholt should be nothing but guards. They're 2 of the best Right Tackles in the NFL!
    Last edited by EliManningUp; 04-12-2013 at 12:49 PM.

  8. #118
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    34,002
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    Uh, no he's not. He's projected as a Right Tackle at the next level.

    Andre Smith and Phil Loadholt are 2 of the best RTs in the NFL. Both are similar in skill set to Fluker. Foot speed is not important for a RT. Most strong-side DEs in the NFL are not pure speed rushers.

    And Ware typically lines up on the weak side, not the strong side. Meaning, he mostly faces LEFT tackles. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about.
    The question on Andre Smith coming out was if he could play LT. Not if he could play RT.

    Loadholt was a 2nd round pick, which is where Fluker should go too
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.

  9. #119
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    34,002
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    We ran more shotgun because of the huge hole we had at RT. Diehl was worthless at RT, and Locklear was a better pass-blocker than run-blocker.

    With Fluker at RT, the running game would be so much better that it would reduce the amount of shotgun snaps.
    You don't use shotgun to protect your RT, lol.

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    We ran more shotgun because of the huge hole we had at RT. Diehl was worthless at RT, and Locklear was a better pass-blocker than run-blocker.

    With Fluker at RT, the running game would be so much better that it would reduce the amount of shotgun snaps.
    Mediocre trolling?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts