+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have seen Fluker himself say he can play Left Tackle, Which is what I would expect. i have not seen any reputable scouts or team reps say it.
    This isn't what I was talking about, but here's something...http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/te...-j-fluker.html

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    This isn't what I was talking about, but here's something...http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/te...-j-fluker.html
    Again, that is an piece quoting Fluker himself.

I am sorry, I have to sound the BS horn. You are the 2nd person in this thread who has made the left tackle claim who was been unable to support it.

Fluker is a right tackle and possibly a guard. Lets not turn him into something he isnt.

If I were to rate him as a left tackle, it would be on measurables alone. Which arent even that good considering he had a weight problem during the season. He might be a 5th rounder as a backup left tackle if someone was feeling like a gamble. In no way does he have the feet to play LT.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-12-2013 at 12:55 AM.

I got better things to do then walk you through a tape. Just keep in mind Fluker is perhaps the biggest riser in the draft who now looks like he'll go top 15. NFL team's like him as an LT and I just showed you a game where he single handily shut down the drafts best speed rusher...I have nothing more to say on the subject

Lol. That's all I can say.

Mingo has like two snaps direct against fluker on that last drive and gets pressure both times.

But sure, he "shut him down" because they were quick throws and screens, and a combo of other things.

And sure, fluker is a top 10 LT. Just not in reality.

These late "risers" are more agent chatter than actual evaluation.

That's bs dude, I watched both that one and the Montgomery vs Bama tape and Bama barely if ever gave help on Flukers man and he barely gave up a pressure if any at all against one of this drafts best pure speed rushers...Something that ppl on this board seem to think he can't do, so much for that nonsense...Just leave it to the professional scouts, there's a reason this guy is a 1st round lock and has a team in the top 10 "In love with him."
    The idea that he is a "first round lock" and a "fast riser" and has a team in the top 10 "in love with him" is all just based upon media speculation. I wouldn't believe any of it.

I don't know how anyone can watch Fluker flail his arms in an attempt to gain momentum in his stone footed drop back, and call him a LT with all seriousness. Not to mention he was supplemented with Michael Williams and Brian Volger for a fair bit.

Didn't AJ McCarron play the last 6 games with injured ribs on a sack allowed by Fluker in the Mississippi St. game?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Mingo has like two snaps direct against fluker on that last drive and gets pressure both times.

But sure, he "shut him down" because they were quick throws and screens, and a combo of other things.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Fluker drop well into the second round.

Banned
    The tape shows it all....Fluker DOMINATED Mingo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I really wouldn't be surprised to see Fluker drop well into the second round.

Won't drop out of the Top 20

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

The Giants offense is not a shotgun offense....so Fluker would never be used in the way you describe

We are primarily a base formation, power running team

Fluker is a perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    The tape shows it all....Fluker DOMINATED Mingo
    Here's another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3VF1vkiKFo This time vs Damontre Moore and once again Bama leaves Fluker on an island against one of the nations best pass rushers and once again lets his man barely sniff the QB

+ Reply to Thread