+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Giants being "very coy" about Fluker

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Fluker = 2nd round. Too slow for first IMO

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    You don't use shotgun to protect your RT, lol.

That wasn't my point lol.

Reading comprehension folks

Fluker at RT = better running game = more play-action = less shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    That wasn't my point lol.

Reading comprehension folks

Fluker at RT = better running game = more play-action = less shotgun
    It doesn't work that way. Fluker doesn't make play action more effective. Just like running game success doesn't make play action more effective. Which is why GB runs so much play action with an awful running game

The more I watch fluker the more I see Osemele, the guy the ravens drafted last season in the 2nd.

About the same size, both maulers with mean streaks. Both questionable athleticism at OT.

Osemele played a bit of RT for the ravens, but ultimately ended up at guard where he was dominant. He's protected inside from speed a bit, and his size makes up for any lack of lateral movement, and his mean streak and size work great going forward.

It's not a dissimilar situation than the two OTs the saints took a couple years back in the mid rounds, in Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks.

Mauling RTs, IMO, are better players at guard if they have trouble when on an island.

And LTs, IMO, are better at RT.

I don't think the "power tackle" and "pass blocking" tackle difference exists anymore. At least not for a team that likes to throw the ball.
    The Giants went in a different direction in the 2009 draft and have headed down that path since.

Please at least give James Brewer a chance to prove himself at RT, he did pretty well against baltimore last season. If we chose Fluker, i'd be very upset

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I wonder which one is going pro
    wow and 71 is a big dude in his own right.... Fluker is a monster!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    It doesn't work that way. Fluker doesn't make play action more effective. Just like running game success doesn't make play action more effective. Which is why GB runs so much play action with an awful running game

Yes it does work that way. And not every non-shotgun snap is play-action. you need to stop taking everything so literally.

The point is, with Fluker in the fold, we would rarely be in situations where he would have to pass-block for a long time (2nd and long, 3rd and long). And even then, have you heard of a RB chip? Learn football.

Banned

GB doesn't run so much play action lol. Now you're just making up stuff.

And a successful run game absolutely opens up the play-action. Did you just start watching football?

Fail.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Please at least give James Brewer a chance to prove himself at RT, he did pretty well against baltimore last season. If we chose Fluker, i'd be very upset
    Brewer's talent/ability is nowhere even close to that of Fluker.

What an embarrassing post.

+ Reply to Thread