+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    its comical how badly Quanterus Smith beats Fluker.. Just worries me with so many pass rushing OLB's and DE's in the NFL, and a guy like DJ Fluker being ur RT.. I honestly see him moving inside, as a pro...
    I also found some of the ones where Fluker owned him kinda funny too.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Alabama RT D.J. Fluker is "one of true rising players in draft."Fluker is universally considered a first-round talent, but questions about his athleticism have some projecting him as a guard. Checking in at 6-foot-5, Fluker has shed 16 pounds from his Senior Bowl weight of 355. According to NBC Sports Network's Ross Tucker, at least one team picking in the top-ten "loves" Fluker.
    Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter Apr 8 - 10:21 AM

That will make most people here happy. I like him but if he is gone, at least we do not have to make that decision and it will drop another player to us.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    That will make most people here happy. I like him but if he is gone, at least we do not have to make that decision and it will drop another player to us.
    I really don't see a RT going that early.. Unless a team really does view him as a stud guard
    Last edited by Carter.525; 04-08-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I also found some of the ones where Fluker owned him kinda funny too.
    I dont' care what he did around 3sacks.. U give up 3sacks to one player in a game, ur owned.. He can't handle any kinda speed on the outside, and there fore, is probably gonna have to play inside as a pro...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter Apr 8 - 10:21 AM
    Ya, one team picking in the top 10 is hoping he'll be there for there early 2nd rd selection.. Hes not going in the top 10...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I dont' care what he did around 3sacks.. U give up 3sacks to one player in a game, ur owned.. He can't handle any kinda speed on the outside, and there fore, is probably gonna have to play inside as a pro...
    Yep, had a bad game, therefore it's a done deal, he'll never be able to handle any speed on the end. Barkevious Mingo is slow I guess.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

The more I watch fluker the more I see Osemele, the guy the ravens drafted last season in the 2nd.

About the same size, both maulers with mean streaks. Both questionable athleticism at OT.

Osemele played a bit of RT for the ravens, but ultimately ended up at guard where he was dominant. He's protected inside from speed a bit, and his size makes up for any lack of lateral movement, and his mean streak and size work great going forward.

It's not a dissimilar situation than the two OTs the saints took a couple years back in the mid rounds, in Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks.

Mauling RTs, IMO, are better players at guard if they have trouble when on an island.

And LTs, IMO, are better at RT.

I don't think the "power tackle" and "pass blocking" tackle difference exists anymore. At least not for a team that likes to throw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    God I'd hate that pick
    I don't like it either. He struggles mightily in pass protection. On second thought, the pick is intriguing if you have him pegged as a guard at the next level.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 04-09-2013 at 12:35 AM.

wow. i made a post a couple days ago discussing how my disgust for the fluker pick was tempered bc he should transition into an elite G prospect (his footowkr wont be an issue there opposed to OT) and with his arm length and strength, he'd be dominant in both phases run and pass blocking...and now i see people following