+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants scheduled pre-draft visits

Giants scheduled pre-draft visits

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._prospect.html

non local visits:

Each team is allowed to bring in a maximum of 30 non-local prospects for visits at the team facility in the weeks before the draft. This does not include private workouts on team campuses, etc.

Virginia Tech T Vinston Painter
    Michigan G Patrick Omameh
    California (Pa.) S Rontez Miles
    Alabama G Chance Warmack (per the New York Daily News)
    Maryland DL A.J. Francis (per insidetheleague.com)

Local prospect visits:

Teams also hold a "local" workout day for players who are from or played college football in the NFL club's region. The Giants' local workout will be held April 10.

Rutgers LB Steve Beauharnais
    Rutgers LB Khaseem Greene
    Rutgers RB Jawan Jamison
    Rutgers TE D.C. Jefferson
    Rutgers DB Duron Harmon
    Pittsburgh RB Ray Graham (from Elizabeth)
    Maryland TE Matt Furstenburg (from Flemington)
    Ole Miss DT Gilbert Pena (from Yonkers, N.Y.)
    Stonybrook RB Miguel Maysonet
    Lehigh WR Ryan Spadola (from Howell)
    Fordham K Patrick Murray
    Princeton DE Mike Catapano
    Boston College TE Chris Pantale (from Wayne)
    UConn WR/KR/PR Nick Williams (from East Windsor)

Also stumbled across this fun tidbit: The Giants also showed interest in Mississippi State DL DeWayne Cherrington at his Pro Day, according to a person who was there. Giants defensive line coach Robert Nunn ran the position drills and nicknamed Cherrington "The Dancing Bear."

I remember some of you guys on here really liking Miguel Maysonet the RB from Stonybrook, that is an interesting prospect

Thanks for the update.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

spadola is a good player, I live near Lehigh and have seen him play many times.

A few will impress and get a chance to compete for a practice squad position. Could there be another Cruz in here somewhere? Don't know too much about these local guys.

So the only first round type player that has come for a visit is warmack..that seems unusual. Ik the giants don't like to telegraph draft picks but they still need to meet with some 1st rd players.

All those Rutgers guys.. and no Logan Ryan?? I like him in the 3rd
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._prospect.html

non local visits:

Each team is allowed to bring in a maximum of 30 non-local prospects for visits at the team facility in the weeks before the draft. This does not include private workouts on team campuses, etc.

Virginia Tech T Vinston Painter
    Michigan G Patrick Omameh
    California (Pa.) S Rontez Miles
    Alabama G Chance Warmack (per the New York Daily News)
    Maryland DL A.J. Francis (per insidetheleague.com)

Local prospect visits:

Teams also hold a "local" workout day for players who are from or played college football in the NFL club's region. The Giants' local workout will be held April 10.

Rutgers LB Steve Beauharnais
    Rutgers LB Khaseem Greene
    Rutgers RB Jawan Jamison
    Rutgers TE D.C. Jefferson
    Rutgers DB Duron Harmon
    Pittsburgh RB Ray Graham (from Elizabeth)
    Maryland TE Matt Furstenburg (from Flemington)
    Ole Miss DT Gilbert Pena (from Yonkers, N.Y.)
    Stonybrook RB Miguel Maysonet
    Lehigh WR Ryan Spadola (from Howell)
    Fordham K Patrick Murray
    Princeton DE Mike Catapano
    Boston College TE Chris Pantale (from Wayne)
    UConn WR/KR/PR Nick Williams (from East Windsor)

Also stumbled across this fun tidbit: The Giants also showed interest in Mississippi State DL DeWayne Cherrington at his Pro Day, according to a person who was there. Giants defensive line coach Robert Nunn ran the position drills and nicknamed Cherrington "The Dancing Bear."

I remember some of you guys on here really liking Miguel Maysonet the RB from Stonybrook, that is an interesting prospect
    I see Ray Graham is up there, and i all ready knew about Maysonet, which means, were looking for someone to play behind David Wilson for the future, which i like.. I've mocked both Maysonet and Graham to us at diffrent times and like both players...

We showed interest in Brian Winters this offseason as well, but not on a private workout..

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    So the only first round type player that has come for a visit is warmack..that seems unusual. Ik the giants don't like to telegraph draft picks but they still need to meet with some 1st rd players.
    Years back I basically heard Reese say, they know who they like already & when they bring guys in its usually to get a second look or they have questions and not to pay too much attention to who we have in on visits...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I see Ray Graham is up there, and i all ready knew about Maysonet, which means, were looking for someone to play behind David Wilson for the future, which i like.. I've mocked both Maysonet and Graham to us at diffrent times and like both players...
    You do a mock a week all fall long. I think at one point you might have mocked my grandmother to us. Just saying....

I think since his injury Graham has been flying way under the radar. He is a good player.

+ Reply to Thread