+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Depth? Camp bodies? Just a guess...
    This my my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    advantage dream team..
    nah,,advantage giants. these guys wont be playing in the wide 9 junk which should increase their productivity. phillips is another knee injury away from being done.

Whether or not our 2 new DT's help or hurt will come in time but one thing for sure- this team has to do something about its lack of presence in the defensive middle. Every team knew thay could get 1 or 2 on 3rd or 4th if needed; and every team did that when it called for it. As much as the Giants tried to make CC a 4-3 DT he just wasn't stout enough at that spot. At least now we have 5-6 honest DTs on the roster, no wanna be's. Lets see what else JR has up his sleeve! Go Giants!

All-Pro
    Before picking these guys up they where extremely thin at DT. Now they have some competition heading into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    yea Antonio Pierce was the Real Deal
    what no love for Double-Nicks, (Lavar Arrington)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Im confused you think Mike patterson and cullen jenkins are gonna be camp bodies? Jenkins will be our starting tackle next to canty and patterson will most likely rotate in
    Canty's gone to the Ravens

Watch Patterson career stats vs Eli and u will see that he is a animal on the line

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    advantage dream team..
    Lmao amen dude can't wait for the season to start

Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    Are we getting old Eagle castoffs such as Patterson and Jenkins? They got fragile Kenny Phillips and now I am wondering who has made the better deal here us or them?
    I guess we'll know who made the better deal next season. Maybe no one made a better deal and both of us filled a position of need, safety for the Eagles and DT for us.

Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    Are we getting old Eagle castoffs such as Patterson and Jenkins? They got fragile Kenny Phillips and now I am wondering who has made the better deal here us or them?
    At this point in time I would say the Giants got the advantage. Both players, on an individual basis, have played multiple full seasons and have been productive players. Plus, Jenkins has the versatility to fill in as tackle or end and played both in Green Bay and Philly.

+ Reply to Thread