+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We need help up the middle, its as simple as that. These were reasonable pick ups that may help our DT rotation and in my opinion push Marvin Austin to either step up or step out. DT will be a position that will have some interesting competition, looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    We need help up the middle, its as simple as that. These were reasonable pick ups that may help our DT rotation and in my opinion push Marvin Austin to either step up or step out. DT will be a position that will have some interesting competition, looking forward to it!
    Plus, both players have a few tackles for loss so they both seem to get penetration into the backfield. Also, can't hurt to have two guys that have worked together on the line for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Plus, both players have a few tackles for loss so they both seem to get penetration into the backfield. Also, can't hurt to have two guys that have worked together on the line for a few years.
    Our vaunted DEs don't look as good when the QB can step up into the pocket to avoid their rush. Thus we need decent pocket collapsing on part of the DTs for our DEs to claim the glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Death Camp bodies? Just a guess...
    Guess they don't call you Die-Hard for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Im confused you think Mike patterson and cullen jenkins are gonna be camp bodies? Jenkins will be our starting tackle next to canty and patterson will most likely rotate in. Gmen like many teams rotate their tackles and pattersone (a former first rounder is stout against the run) - while jenkins is very very good at getting pressure up the middle on the pass.

The giants going after two tackles after letting canty move on has zero to do with the eagles or kenny phillips. Both of these guys could be very nice pieces up the middle where we struggles last year.
    Our starting tackle next to Canty? Hmm thats a little skewed considering that Canty doesnt play w/ us anymore...

All errors aside im glad we got these two "wash-ups" they put pressure on that bum Austin. Joseph hopefully will keep developing...

Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    Are we getting old Eagle castoffs such as Patterson and Jenkins? They got fragile Kenny Phillips and now I am wondering who has made the better deal here us or them?
    Because or FO knows FAR MORE about what's best for this team than you do. How many SB rings have YOU gotten in the past 5 years?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Are we getting old Eagle castoffs such as Patterson and Jenkins? They got fragile Kenny Phillips and now I am wondering who has made the better deal here us or them?
    pay attention...the Giants dont have a lot of money to spend. They can only get older guys and/or 2nd and 3rd tier players...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bench Player
    My point was this. Patterson has hardly played due to his brain surgery. Jenkins was marginal and for the Egals, Phillips and his knee issues are documented. Just made no sense to me why teams would waste money,...

My point was this. Patterson has hardly played due to his brain surgery. Jenkins was marginal and for the Egals, Phillips and his knee issues are documented. Just made no sense to me why teams would waste money,...
    More competition and depth at a position of need for us = good

Because there are holes to fill and we didn't pay a lot of money for them.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin