+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kruunch's 2013 Final Mock

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Still have Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, Tracy and Ojomo. I Rather Okafor over Moore, Okafor can play run and pass rush. I believe we can find a DE in the later rounds like a Quanterus Smith or Devin Taylor. It's not the end of the world if we don't draft a DE in the first
    With regards to our DE situation ... Kiwi is situational and Tracy has barely cracked the rotation. Ojomo hasn't even dressed for a game.

Considering the priority of the position over how we've historically treated the LBer position (especially the MIKE backer) I definitely we go for DE in the first over LBer. But yeah nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world.

With regards to Okafor vs. Moore I agree with you ... I prefer Okafor as well. I just see the Giants going for the guy who is being touted as the faster edge rusher.

We'll see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    With regards to our DE situation ... Kiwi is situational and Tracy has barely cracked the rotation. Ojomo hasn't even dressed for a game.

Considering the priority of the position over how we've historically treated the LBer position (especially the MIKE backer) I definitely we go for DE in the first over LBer. But yeah nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world.

With regards to Okafor vs. Moore I agree with you ... I prefer Okafor as well. I just see the Giants going for the guy who is being touted as the faster edge rusher.

While i agree with you that we cant be to reliant on him bc hes so inexperienced in the NFL, and i think a 1st round DE is the way the GMen go this year, they could have Ojomo on the CRUZ timeline. Looked great in Preseason then sat out a year (injury) and then take the NFL by storm. They could be utilizing the same type of surprise moe with him. He was a beast in the preseason, take it for what you will.

I also do not think we go LB in the 1st, Reese build through DL and DBs over LB. LB ahs always been a secondary concern of his, and its worked so i trust him.

I agree with both of you of Okafor more than Moore as well. it has baffled me how okafor fell from a mid first round to a 2nd rounder on so many boards without doing anything wrong. He hasn't under-performed, haven't heard anything bad about his interviews, has great tape and measurable but for some reason he has slipped. I feel like other DEs slipping has somehow pushed him down, which it shouldnt

With regards to our DE situation ... Kiwi is situational and Tracy has barely cracked the rotation. <font size="5">Ojomo hasn't even dressed for a game.</font><br>
    <br>
    Considering the priority of the position over how we've historically treated the LBer position (especially the MIKE backer) I definitely we go for DE in the first over LBer. But yeah nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world.<br>
    <br>
    With regards to Okafor vs. Moore I agree with you ... I prefer Okafor as well. I just see the Giants going for the guy who is being touted as the faster edge rusher.<br>
    <br>
    <br><br>While i agree with you that we cant be to reliant on him bc hes so inexperienced in&nbsp;the&nbsp;NFL, and i think a 1st round DE is the way the GMen go this year, they could have Ojomo on the CRUZ timeline. Looked great in Preseason then sat out a year (injury) and then take the NFL by storm. They could be&nbsp;utilizing&nbsp;the same type of&nbsp;surprise&nbsp;move with him. He was a beast in the preseason, take it for what you will.<br><br>I also do not think we go LB in the 1st, Reese build through DL and DBs over LB. LB ahs always been a secondary concern of his, and its worked so i trust him.&nbsp;<br><br>I agree with both of you of Okafor more than Moore as well. it has baffled me how okafor fell from a mid first round to a 2nd rounder on so many boards without doing anything wrong. He hasn't&nbsp;under-performed,&nbsp;haven't&nbsp;heard anything bad about his interviews, has great tape and&nbsp;measurable&nbsp;but for some reason he has slipped. I feel like other DEs slipping has somehow pushed him down, which it shouldnt<br><br><br>

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    I agree with both of you of Okafor more than Moore as well. it has baffled me how okafor fell from a mid first round to a 2nd rounder on so many boards without doing anything wrong. He hasn't under-performed, haven't heard anything bad about his interviews, has great tape and measurable but for some reason he has slipped. I feel like other DEs slipping has somehow pushed him down, which it shouldnt
    Didn't workout at the Combine and had a mediocre Pro Day.

And he's now being projected as a mid to late second rounder (at least on CBS). Being able to grab Okafor in the second round would be amazing.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on him (but I've been known to be wrong about college players before ... *cough* Burfict)

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Why overvalued? My only concern with Greene is that he can't play another position past the WILL.

Otherwise, yeah I wouldn't mind going in that direction (except for the fact that our LBing woes will continue).
    All the cr@p you gave me for wanting ogle in the 1st and now u have Greene in the 2nd? I realize its not the JR mentality to take a LBer in the first few rounds, but I hope that mindset goes down the toilet this year. Obviously u feel a little of the same way i do. Nice mock btw.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    All the cr@p you gave me for wanting ogle in the 1st and now u have Greene in the 2nd? I realize its not the JR mentality to take a LBer in the first few rounds, but I hope that mindset goes down the toilet this year. Obviously u feel a little of the same way i do. Nice mock btw.
    I never gave you **** for picking Ogletree in the first ... I may have disagreed with you but I don't think it's a garbage pick and early on Ogletree was one of my first round choices as well (albeit the 4th choice).

I think you're misunderstanding my mock. This mock isn't about what *I* want. It's about what I think the Giants want.

And the Giants already worked out Khaseem Greene. This tells me that they're looking for ...

1) A LBer early (picks 1-3).
    2) Speed over power

I believe that Brown, Greene and Sio Moore are on their radars. I'd love Brown ... I'd be ok with either Greene or Moore but I think those guys don't improve us enough over what we currently have compared to Brown who can play all three LBer spots.

I do feel the same way you (and many Giants fans feel) in that we need to desperately raise our level of LBer play.

However I don't think the Giants go with a LBer in the first ... I just don't see one that I think excites them that much.

Didn't workout at the Combine and had a mediocre Pro Day.

And he's now being projected as a mid to late second rounder (at least on CBS). Being able to grab Okafor in the second round would be amazing.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on him (but I've been known to be wrong about college players before ... *cough* Burfict)
    Ah ic never saw Texas Pro Day Results.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Ah ic never saw Texas Pro Day Results.
    Okafor doesn't have quite the explosion that Tuck had earlier in his career but I see him as being more consistent than Tuck.

The two speed rushers I've seen of note in this draft (who are specifically 4-3 DEs) are Tank Carradine and Damontre Moore. Carradine has the ACL issue and Moore just doesn't impress me as a speed rusher but I could see the appeal for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Still have Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, Tracy and Ojomo. I Rather Okafor over Moore, Okafor can play run and pass rush. I believe we can find a DE in the later rounds like a Quanterus Smith or Devin Taylor. It's not the end of the world if we don't draft a DE in the first
    Tuck is shot, and Tracey and Ojomo have shown nothing to indicate that they can be consistent and productive NFL starters. This is a very thin DE corps for a team whose entire defense depends on the pass rush.

Okafor doesn't have quite the explosion that Tuck had earlier in his career but I see him as being more consistent than Tuck.

The two speed rushers I've seen of note in this draft (who are specifically 4-3 DEs) are Tank Carradine and Damontre Moore. Carradine has the ACL issue and Moore just doesn't impress me as a speed rusher but I could see the appeal for the Giants.
    Not the biggest Moore fan but he was a top 5 pick before the combine so there is something there. I see him more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE. Im sick of those tweener guys, not the giants Fit (KIWI being the exception)

Love Tank but not in the 1st. His ACL injury is a concern but these days its not that big of a deal. In the 2nd he would be a steal. is an athletic freak and a monster off the edge. especially is he is the #3-4 DE for the GMen he would be allowed time to heal and not aggravate his knee and learn behind some great DEs

+ Reply to Thread