+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Tuck is shot, and Tracey and Ojomo have shown nothing to indicate that they can be consistent and productive NFL starters. This is a very thin DE corps for a team whose entire defense depends on the pass rush.
    Tucks had 2 down years but this year will tell if he is done or not.

Tracy hasnt shown anything.

Ojomo has shown alot. he had a great Preseason but wasnt ready. Could be on the Cruz path. have a good preseason then sit and take the NFL by storm the next year. I think the Giants are high on him and expect him to contribute this year

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Not the biggest Moore fan but he was a top 5 pick before the combine so there is something there. I see him more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE. Im sick of those tweener guys, not the giants Fit (KIWI being the exception)

Love Tank but not in the 1st. His ACL injury is a concern but these days its not that big of a deal. In the 2nd he would be a steal. is an athletic freak and a monster off the edge. especially is he is the #3-4 DE for the GMen he would be allowed time to heal and not aggravate his knee and learn behind some great DEs
    I tend to agree ... and Damontre Moore would definitely be a small 4-3 DE at his current weight. But if that means he can motor around OTs, I'm fine with that.

Now watch the Giants draft Eifert in the first

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I tend to agree ... and Damontre Moore would definitely be a small 4-3 DE at his current weight. But if that means he can motor around OTs, I'm fine with that.

Now watch the Giants draft Eifert in the first
    HAHA hey the kids a stud just not at all what we need and defiantly to high at 19. but i appreciate the satire

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    HAHA hey the kids a stud just not at all what we need and defiantly to high at 19. but i appreciate the satire
    Could have said the same thing about Wilson last year.

moore in the 1st would be an awful pick, would rather see rhodes, trufant, werner, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    moore in the 1st would be an awful pick, would rather see rhodes, trufant, werner, etc.
    I would definitely prefer Rhodes or Werner over Moore. I just doubt they're available when we pick.

Trufant I see as the CB equivalent to Moore. Doesn't excite me, but doesn't make me grit my teeth either. "Safe" pick is how I view both of them.

Still going with these picks today

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    With the only milestone remaining being the April 10th locals workout (mostly late round and / or UDFA prospects) draft boards are mostly solidified. Projections have been made, targets sighted and we all await with baited breath. So without further ado, my final mock for the 2013 NFL Draft (complete with alternative picks):

1) Damontre Moore (DE) - Having addressed the DT position thoroughly for 2013, I think the Giants are going DE in the first round. I don't think Werner falls to us and Tank Carradine's ACL is going to make picking him in the first prohibitive at best. Datone Jones projects as more of a 3-4 DE (or 4-3 DT) so they don't go there. I really like Alex Okafor (my preferred pick), however I think the Giants will see Moore as a young Osi who they are looking to replace. Accordingly, the Giants desperately need a speed rusher on the outside and this goes hand in hand with their publicized plans to swap JPP to the strong side. Alt Pick: Alex Okafor (DE)

2) Khaseem Greene (LB) - I'm really iffy on this pick due to both Greene being projected as a WILL backer (which we have multiples of) and the fact that his weakness is stacking/shedding which makes his versatility limited to WILL backer only. However he is an absolute ball hawk and the Giants finally feel pressured enough to dedicate a high pick to the LBing corps. With Arthur Brown roaring up the charts (my preferred pick here), I think he is gone by this pick leaving Green as the next highest projected LBer. Accordingly, the Giants have already had Greene in for a workout. Alt Pick: David Amerson (CB).

3) Brian Winters (OT/OG) - This would be the really smart pick for the Giants. They need stability and answers on the oline. This was helped by the second contract signing of Will Beatty and the re-signing of Kevin Boothe. Now they need to address both their RT spot and the possible departure of Chris Snee after the 2013 season. Brian Winters has played mostly LT, but projects as a RT or OG and is considered one of the true five position offensive linemen in the draft. There are stength concerns with Winters (9 reps at the Combine before a pec strain stopped his lifting and no lifting at his pro day). The OL depth in the draft drops off sharply after Winters so this is where we improve. Alt Pick: Ryan Swope (WR)

4) Blidi Wreh-Wilson (CB) - Does Wilson fall to the fourth round? Most likely not. A bit raw but athletically gifted and the kind of size the Giants like at the corner spot. Breaks well on the ball which makes him a really good candidate as a zone corner. Struggles in man coverage a bit and is though of as more of a project than starting potential which may have him slip a bit. He also has a little injury history from 2011 which I believe he's proven he's past but again, may make him slip just a tad. If that scenario plays out and he's available in the fourth for us, I think we pounce on him. Alt Pick: JJ Wilcox (S)

5) Nick Kasa (TE) - Wait ... we just signed Brandon Myers and have Pascoe and Robinson, why are we drafting a TE?! Bear Pascoe has proven a reliable lunch-pail type of player but his longevity as a Giant is nearing an end. Eventually the Giants are going to want to get younger here and find a player with a bit more upside than Pascoe. Nick Kasa translates as the exact type of lowkey TE the Giants love to develop (even going so far as being compared to Kevin Boss). Alt Picks: Marcus Lattimore (RB) / Bennie Logan (DT)

6) Denard Robinson (WR) - Converted QB with blazing speed. In the era of tricked up offenses, I can see the Giants taking a late round flyer on a joker type player. Think Antwan Randel-El. Alt Picks: Dewayne Cherrington (DT) / Jonathan Stewart (LB) / Rontez Miles (S)

7) Miguel Maysonet (RB) - Late round prospect to push Darell Scott in camp. Offers so-so straight line speed but flashes explosive power and acceleration for his size (think Bradshaw). Already been invited to the Giants' April 10th locals workout. Alt Pick: Gilbert Pena (DT) / Steve Beauharnais (LB)

7) Patrick Omameh (OG) - Michigan OG that's already been worked out by the Giants. Alt Pick: Nick Williams (WR) / Vinston Painter (OT)
    I'm all in. Great mock draft bro.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I'm all in. Great mock draft bro.
    Thanks!

If we grab Werner in the first and Brown in the second this would be an absolute home run.