+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock Draft 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Round 1 – Bjoern Werner – DE, Florida State… He’s an instinctive/intense dude that will fit perfectly in the Giants defense scheme. Non-stop motor that hustles on every play and will be extreme value at #19.

Round 2 – Larry Warford, OG – Kentucky… He Maul’s and will be an instant impact player for the Giants. Boothe is only signed for one year and Snee is getting older. It’s time to bring in some youth and Warford will be fantastic for David Wilson’s game.

Round 3 – Darius Slay, CB – Miss. State…. Jonathan Banks received most of the hype, which we can all understand. Slay was no joke and he can flat out fly. He has great size, speed and has the ability to play man coverage. CWeb is up there in age, Hosley is looking more like a situational corner and Prince can’t do it alone.

Round 4 – AJ Klein, ILB – Iowa State…. His game reminds me a lot of James Laurenitus. He is instinctive, good speed and likes to get dirty. Linebacker is a need for the Giants and Klein can be a nice addition.

Round 5 – Kenny Stills, WR – Oklahoma… Quick, Fast and catches everything. Cruz’s situation is still up in the air, Randle looks good on the outside with Nicks and Jernigan has yet to show anything.

Round 6 – Joseph Fauria, TE – UCLA… Big strong target for Eli to develop. He has good hands and has shown the ability to provide good blocking. More of a receiving threat, but the Giants have the best TE coach in the NFL.

Round 7a – William Campbell, DT – Michigan… Underrated guy that was a huge prospect coming out of high school. Michigan’s defense was solid and this guy was a big anchor in the middle. I think the problem with Campbell is consistency and from the games that I have watched he has had trouble getting off blocks. Intriguing fella.

Round 7b – Kayvon Webster, CB/S – South Florida… I have been a huge fan of this kid for a while and his tape will show why. I am shocked that he has not received more hype and draft love. He is aggressive and can provide depth throughout the secondary. MY HIDDEN GEM!
    One of the best mocks u could possibly put out right here.. Werener is a strong physical pressence with a mean streak that can rush the passer opposite JPP for the next decade...

Larry Warford is a guy i think is very underrated and in the same breath as Cooper and Warmack.. Warford is more agile then he looks for his size and is a mauler and road grader in the run game , but also solid in pass protection..Hes got quick feet and strong hands...

Darius Slay is a guy along with Jamar Taylor i thought was very underrated a few months back , but i always thought Slay was closer talent wise to Banks then given credit for.. They both share a similar physique as they are long and lean and wirey.. Slay is a bit raw as he just started seeing significant playing time this past yr, but prooved he had some ball skills, and was solid in run defense... He has a bit of upside, as hes not a finished product... He tore up the 40 at the combine...

Klien is a physical pressence in the middle whos a solid run defender and tough and instinctive...

Stills is a solid WR whos not really a blazer or anything, but hes a jack of all trades sort, with solid hands and good route running and has starter potential or at worst, above avg 3rd WR...

Campbell is a big body in the middle who can stuff the run and use his length to alter QB"s throwing lanes..

I know very little of Webster, but like his measurables and speed...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    One of the best mocks u could possibly put out right here.. Werener is a strong physical pressence with a mean streak that can rush the passer opposite JPP for the next decade...

Larry Warford is a guy i think is very underrated and in the same breath as Cooper and Warmack.. Warford is more agile then he looks for his size and is a mauler and road grader in the run game , but also solid in pass protection..Hes got quick feet and strong hands...

Darius Slay is a guy along with Jamar Taylor i thought was very underrated a few months back , but i always thought Slay was closer talent wise to Banks then given credit for.. They both share a similar physique as they are long and lean and wirey.. Slay is a bit raw as he just started seeing significant playing time this past yr, but prooved he had some ball skills, and was solid in run defense... He has a bit of upside, as hes not a finished product... He tore up the 40 at the combine...

Klien is a physical pressence in the middle whos a solid run defender and tough and instinctive...

Stills is a solid WR whos not really a blazer or anything, but hes a jack of all trades sort, with solid hands and good route running and has starter potential or at worst, above avg 3rd WR...

Campbell is a big body in the middle who can stuff the run and use his length to alter QB"s throwing lanes..

I know very little of Webster, but like his measurables and speed...
    Webster can ball. The Giants always seem to find a way to an average draft, according to Mel Kiper. However, they have a high success rate for solid contributors. i.e. Markus Kuhn in 2012 and Jacquin Williams in 2011.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Nice mock. Looks like there's more and more hopefuls out there that Werner falls... sure would be nice.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Nice mock. Looks like there's more and more hopefuls out there that Werner falls... sure would be nice.
    Werner is a guy that I think could fall, just due to the fact that he isnt getting a lot of immediate press. Dion Jordan, Ziggy Ansah and Barkevious Mingo are getting a lot of press for their measureables. Werner is a consistent beast and will be incredibly productive in NY.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Werner is a beast, but he isn't that "sexy pick" like Mingo, Jordan or Ansah will be. Which is why at #19 he could be a very realistic possibility.
    Because he is white and not as athletic. Id take him at 19 in a heart beat. He does all the dirty work and would hopefully free up JPP and Tuck more.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Because he is white and not as athletic. Id take him at 19 in a heart beat. He does all the dirty work and would hopefully free up JPP and Tuck more.
    Hmm . . .

classic..

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    White means the player must be a hard worker and more cerebral. It's always hilarious listening to the heads.

Black means incredible athleticism and raw talent.

+ Reply to Thread